Tri-Care ?

Meri W.
on 4/5/05 10:52 pm - SC
Has anyone used Tri-care for any reconstruction if you have can you share with me how you went about it and any obstacles you faced along the way with them. I am a year out as of the 30th of March and have lost a total of 122 pounds. I feel so much better as far as my health goes I am also very grateful for my surgery. It was a long road but I have made it and will continue to make progress along the way. (BUT) the emotions of all the skin has left me feeling uncomfortable in my body once again. So with this being said it will be a pleasure to read other who has used Tri-care for reconstructive surgery. I have read all the post over the last several years in the library section on the main page of this board (on Tri-care). But I am more interested in up to date surgeries over the last few years the experience of others. I have an appointment with my PCM on Monday and would like some help before then so I can feel empowered when walking in to see them. Thanks you Meri
sttar
on 4/10/05 11:00 am - fort Lewis, wa
tummy tucks seem to be about all they are letting people have aand sometimes you have to fight for that.I was told the rest is cosmetic so they won't cover it. they say if you want skin removed from your arms and sometimes your legs that the best thing to do is see if a burn center in your area needs skin. Most people I know pay for it a of pocket so good luck and if you get approved please let me know what you did right.
Most Active