Mass on my Liver

Melinda J.
on 3/30/05 10:48 am - Seattle, WA
I will be having my surgery on April 5th and I am so excited. I did all the pre-op etc. They found a mass on my liver and the surgeon was saying "I want to biopsy that while I am in there" I am trying not to be nervous about this. I asked them what it means and the surgeon told me that when they see masses like this or fat build up on a mass it can be signs of cancer.... Yikes. He told me not to worry, but being a cancer survivor and knowing that obesity and cancer have a direct link. Well, I will be glad to have the surgery done and out of the way. One question to those who have had the surgery... Did you clear your house of any tempting foods? I am trying to decide what to do. I have sort of cleared up cupboards of any junk, but should I remove most of the food in the house so I won't be tempted? What should I plan? April 5th.... counting down the days. Melinda Seattle
JustHat
on 3/30/05 11:17 am - NM
I didn't. When I came home, there was nothing that could tempt me enough to take a chance ending up back in the OR. Hat
JustHat
on 3/30/05 11:20 am - NM
And, I forgot to wish you luck with the mass. As if you didn't have enough to worry about already. At least he will be in there and be able to get a good look around and a decent sample. I hope it just turns out to be one of those things and nothing important. Best of luck Hat
Jerry W.
on 3/30/05 11:23 am - Mount Vernon, WA
I want to say I hope all is ok with your liver... about cleaning the cupboards it is a wise thing to do because they may cause you to have a bad response and you'll end up dumping along with the fact that you are going through all this trouble to loose weight no reason to have things around that will stop you from loosing...this is a life style change and those who embrace it are the one that loose the most . so good luck Jerry
Most Active