Berta got great news today

nowahottie
on 3/30/05 8:48 am - Auburn, WA
TriWest approved my surgery on the first submit and i am bouncing off the walls. Surgery date is set for June 1st. I am trying to start slowly adding the protein shakes and the B-complex. Only having one shake a day at the moment. I take a multivitamin anyway so that is good. I had heard somewhere that the better prepared with that the better off i will be at time of surgery. Just wanted to share my great news with everyone. Later Berta
Melinda J.
on 3/30/05 10:32 am - Seattle, WA
Congratulations! That is so Exciting for you. I am really so happy for you. My surgery date is coming up... April 5th and I can hardly wait. I have tried out some of the protein shakes, but haven't really shifted to them yet. I found a milk put out by Dairygold that is called "Trim Deluxe" that is Fat Free but also has extra vitamins and protein. Perfect. To be honest I hate the taste of milk, but I want my WLS to work and committed to doing what I have to. I was thinking I could make up these fruit smoothies and was shocked to find out that will be a month down the road. My surgeon told me "not so much as a raspberry seed" should be in your stomach for the first 2 weeks... so I guess it is the skim milk and protein powder. Anyway, Congrats! It will be here before you know it. Melinda
Cele W.
on 3/30/05 10:35 am - Eastsound, WA
Congratulations Berta on getting your surgery date set. That's the first hurdle, but one of the biggest ones prior to surgery. Work hard at whatever goals your surgeon has set for you and the time will pass before you know it. Cele
choctaw4ever
on 3/30/05 8:08 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Congrats Berta, I am hoping for my surgery soon. Have you tried soy milk? Silk Vanilla tastes pretty good once you try it. I am lactose intolerant and just found out how bad a month or so ago. So I have been on Soy since and really like it. It is suposed to be better for you after surgery to seems to agree better. Best of luck to you. Marylou
Most Active