spokane,wa. needs input

Brandy T.
on 3/30/05 7:02 am - Spokane, WA
I live in Spokane, Wa. And would like to know more about the process of getting started. Ive been thinking about surgery for a couple years and am now ready
Kelly O.
on 3/30/05 9:36 am - Cheney, WA
Hi Jennifer, I tried to access the website that you posted but received an error message. Is this the right adress? I, too, am considering WLS in the Spokane area and would be interested in learning more about the program you suggested. Thanks, Kelly
Brandy T.
on 4/9/05 6:06 pm - Spokane, WA
really? I was considering that. Not many options here. thanks and good luck
Kelly O.
on 3/30/05 9:49 am - Cheney, WA
Hi Brandy, I am also hoping to have surgery in the Spokane area and am looking for established surgeons. I have been to a seminar given by two surgeons based out of Sacred Heart (through the Rockwood Clinic) but have not been referred to see any specific one yet. My doctor (PCP) wants to get some of my comorbidities (blood pressure, cholesterol, sleep apnea) in check before he refers me to a surgeon. What insurance do you have? I have Group Health and have been told that they no longer cover the surgery (as of January this year!!). I would be very interested in knowing if your insurance covers WLS because I have been told that none of the main insurace companies in the Spokane area cover it. I wish you all the luck in your quest to improve your life through WLS. Please feel free to email me anytime if you want to compare notes or have some support. Best Wishes, Kelly
choctaw4ever
on 3/30/05 7:49 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi Brandy, I also live in Spokane. But I am having my surgery in California. Only because my doc reccomened a doc there for me to have lazer surgery. The recovery time is less. I also have to lose 30lbs before surgery. which I am almost there. If you need someone to talk with you can always email me. I have me next appt April 25th so hopefully in May I will have my surgery. I also took 2 Years to decide this. But am ready. The support group at Rockford clinic is good. Best of luck.
AC M.
on 3/30/05 11:40 pm - Colbert, WA
I also live in Spokane! I've attended Dr. Pennings info meeting. I haven't checked the two Sacred Heart docs yet. I'm trying to find out what sort of statistics I should use to compare their outcomes and results. In other words, what hard data can I collect to make sure I'm choosing the best surgeon. I'm not opposed to going to Seattle if I have to. How are you going about choosing a surgeon? AC
Brandy T.
on 4/9/05 6:11 pm - Spokane, WA
I have no clue,I am just beginning. Im still afraid people are going to think I am just trying to take the easy way out. But truth is this isnt an easy decision. Im ready but dont have the courage to start yet. I guess Ill try dr bright heard alot about him being good
calvoso
on 3/31/05 12:23 am - My hometown, WA
Brandy, My brother and I both had Dr. Scrock perform an open RNY. He did an excelent job and I would highly reccomend him. I have also heard great things about Dr. Penning. I checked Dr. Bright in Post Falls but I started at 616 lbs so my BMI was to high for him since he was new at the time. Dr. Schrock has been around and has a great reputation. His bed side manner seems a little lacking when you first meet him, but he warms up as he gets to know you. I've never heard a bad word spoken on him though. Two years later I'm down 344 lbs and close to my original goal. Life has changed so much for me in two years I can't list them all here, but I wouldn't change my decision for anything. If you have any questions let me know and I will help in anyway I can. Good luck in your process. Calvin
Brandy T.
on 4/9/05 6:17 pm - Spokane, WA
I got the name of dr schrock but have no contact info on him please send
Gerriann A.
on 4/1/05 11:52 am - Spokane, WA
I had surgery about 10.5 months ago preformed by Dr. Rawlins. (Rockwood Clinic) They are wonderful and have a WLS support group and a information session that is very informative. We meet the third thursday of the month at the main Rockwood Clinic at 6 PM. People who are interested in the surgery, pre-op, pre-authorization, and post-op. There are quite a few who attend and it is very supportive.
Most Active