Hospital Prep and Organization

Beverly A.
on 3/30/05 3:55 am - Seattle, WA
I'm about to go under the knife (laproscopic RNY) this coming Tuesday the 5th of April, and I was wondering if anyone would like to chime in on what to bring to the hopspital, or what to do before surgery to prepare for afterwards. I was also wondering if anyone would like to share their organizational technique for taking vitamins and protein supplements. I'm one of the most disorganized people in the world! If anyone has any cool tips on how to remember to take everything on a daily basis or how to organize things, that would be very helpful and much obliged! Thanks in advance for your wisdom and support!
JustHat
on 3/30/05 7:56 am - NM
I keep my pills by my computer. Well, I did before I moved. I can't seem to find most of them at the moment. I check my mail a couple of times during the day, so I would take a pill when I sat down. Nancy has probably the best profile I have seen. You will want to check our her hospital list and postop review of the things she took. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=C1049748210 Click on "Do, Get, and Pack for Surgery list review" under her cute little ducks. The only things I would are are: toilet paper After having 4 babies at mlitary hospitals, I take my own. Someplaces cut corners by supplying the cheapest sandpaper, er toilet paper, they can buy. Thankfully, when I had surgery, the civilian hospital and the good stuff. But, better safe than raw. A firm pillow to hug on the way home. It helped with the bumps. PJ Just a reminder, you might gain water weight while you are in the hospital. I gained a ton. I had bought new PJs to wear in the hospital and then they were too tight. Plus, remember that you might want to throw them away after the hospital since they might be blood stained. And, not that you asked, but plan ahead. If you know you are prone to fever blisters or yeast infections, then tell your doc ahead of time so you can have a prescription waiting for you if you need it. I planned ahead for the fever blisters and was very happy I did. But, I had a killer yeast infection that took me weeks to clear up. It drove me nuts. I should have jumped on it when it first arrived instead of waiting until I was out of the hospital to try and treat it. Good luck! Hat
Beverly A.
on 3/31/05 12:01 am - Seattle, WA
Thank you very much! I'm so overwhelmed with the support I've gotten from people from this site. Thanks so very much!
Most Active