Open RNY scarring and Dr. Oh

Beverly A.
on 3/29/05 10:39 pm - Seattle, WA
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been able to get rid of the scar if they had open RNY surgery. I'm scheduled to have laproscopic surgery with Dr. Oh, but I'm having a hard time sticking to the diet he's perscribed, and I'm afraid that I won't have lost enough weight by my surgery date (NEXT TUESDAY! LESS THAN 1 WEEK! YAY! ). Does anyone who's been to Dr. Oh have any advice about his weight restriction on laproscopy? And if he does have to switch to the open proceedure, does anyone have any suggestsions for getting rid of the scar or can anyone reccommend a plastic surgeon who it particularly good at getting rid of these kinds of scars? Thanks everyone!
lilchickad
on 3/30/05 12:13 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Beverly, I am almost 6 months out and had open RNY done by Dr. Oh. My scar is about 6 inches long, but is already almost skin tone color. It is very, very light, really no worse than stretch marks. How you will scar depends upon your own personal makeup. Some people will hardly scar at all, others will form keloids and have huge scars. It all just depends. Dr. Oh is very proud of my scar...LOL...he always tells me, it looks soooooooooooo gooood!!!!! I am not sure what his weight restrictions are for Lap, I cannot remember, but I think its somewhere around 300 pounds. That is just because the equipment is not long enough for them to do the procedure. It probably depends on your build as well. I would call and speak to someone at the office, I do not know who is working there anymore, so I do not know who to tell you to talk to. Dr. Oh does have a plastic surgeon that he will recommend to you. Although, he does upper body lifts, but if you want the scar fixed and maybe say a boob job or whatever, he will recommend you to someone else. Good luck and congratulations on your surgery *Hugs* Laura 203/135/120 or 110, whichever I decide
Beverly A.
on 3/30/05 2:09 am - Seattle, WA
Sound advice! Thanks! I think things will be okay. Thank you so much! I called his office, and it basically seems like it depends on the build, and they prefer under 300lbs. I'm so excited!! Anyone else want to chime in?
Most Active