Happy Easter

JustHat
on 3/27/05 1:48 am - NM
to all of my friends that celebrate Easter. So, what is on the menu for food and activities today? We are just hanging out. I bought corned beef. I think that is what it is called. We keep things simple in our house, so with that I will probably have twice baked potatoes and green beans. I think I will bake some banana nut chocolate chip cookies today too. The bananas are ready and the kids think they are too. It has been a while since I last made them. I was thinking about making them with Splenda. But, then I would probably be too tempted to snack on them. BTW, we got around three inches of snow the night before last. As soon as the sun came it, it started melting. Then I had a river flowing through my boxes in the garage. But, at least the kids got to see and play in some snow this year. Have a great day, Hat
awidick
on 3/27/05 2:34 am - Spanaway, WA
Hey Hat, Happy Easter to you. My husband and daughter and I are going to my mom's for dinner. My four boys and their girl friends should also be there. I'm not sure what's on the menu but I am taking a spiral ham and rice pudding. (Requested of me from the kids.) I am also taking a baked potato for myself. I have been able to eat more this last week and a half. I am now eating chicken liver. Atleast it's some meat. I have been really bad at keeping track of what I eat. I have to catch up with that because Dr Weber always wants to see it. Now he wants to know how many steps I take a day too besides the minutes of activity. He only wants it because of my healthwear band will give me that data. Yesterday I was having a bad day eating. For some reason, I was sick after eating almost everything yesterday. My throat was hurting and I noticed blood in the toilet after getting sick. So after that, I didn't eat again until this morning. You know what, I have noticed that I really don't have much is any muscle left in this old body. I even have trouble getting off the toilet. Did you ever have that problem? I know I need to start working out at the gym. But not until after tax time. Working 13 hour days really kicks my butt. Well, I have so much to do to get ready. So I need to go. You have a wonderful Easter with your family. Arlene
JustHat
on 3/27/05 4:44 am - NM
The lack of muscle doesn't surprise me. You haven't be able to take in enough protein and calories to keep from losing muscle. I have had the same problem and haven't had nearly as much trouble as you have. I think that is why I have been able to go below my goal. I could never have weighed this much with all of the muscle that I had in my early years. The other day, DH had me make a muscle and was shocked to see that I still have some definition in my arms. Then he went around making me make a muscle for anyone that came near me. I have to admit that I am lucky in that my parents passed on some good genetics. I was going to ask about your eating. I still worry about you a lot. I really don't know how you have stayed so sane. I thought I had it tough until you came along. You have really earned every pound you have lost. That blood worries me. It is something that has crossed my mind when I have had the more violent vomiting. I know that if I saw blood, I would be at the ER in minutes. But, I guess with Madigan as your ER choice, you probably feel safer at home. Will you at least give Dr. W a call tomorrow and ask him about it? Please. I have noticed that the violent barfing does make the back of my throat hurt. I was trying to get some popcorn kernels dislogded last night and my throat was sore all night. I think it is from the strain and some blood vessels get popped just like what happens to some women's eye and/or faces in the pushing stage of L&D. Hey, do you have any trouble with dizziness? And, since you are already in the mood, how about doing my taxes for me? Nah? Ok then I guess I will just go buy turbo tax. I hate to spend $40 on a program after spending thousands on a degree. But, it is so much easier. Hat
Most Active