I've been busy getting ENGAGED!!

calvoso
on 3/25/05 12:30 am - My hometown, WA
Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but life has been a whirlwind the last six months. What a difference 2 years has made since I had my surgery. I went from a 616 lb recluse that did nothing but work and eat. Now 2 years later I've lost 339 lbs and I feel great. This surgery has been such a positive influence in my life. I used to hate being around people because I was afraid of what they thought of me or what they might say, but now I'm out in the world living life and realizing all that I've been missing. Now onto the title of this post. About ten months ago I met a WLS woman in Tennessee named Michelle. Talking turned to dating which turned to love which turned to her moving to Spokane. I asked her to marry me and she said yes last friday. I couldn't be happier. I was asked earlier to share the story of how I asked so here goes. Michelle's day started out with a treasure hunt that had her pick up four pieces to a puzzle that I told her would tell her what her present was. At the end I met her at my house and had a certificate for the beauty spa where she was pampered for a half a day with a facial, a mineral wrap and a massage. She was in heaven and could barely walk when she came out she was so relaxed. Next we went home to get ready for our dress up date. I took her to a romantic dinner where of course as WLS veterans we shared a meal and talked about her moving to spokane in 2 weeks. After dinner I surprised her by telling her we were spending the night in a suite at the Hotel Lusso which is a fancy hotel in downtown Spokane where we had dinner. When I got her to the room I had her wait in the bathroom while I lit all the candles. I led her into the room that was covered with all her favorite flowers and Godiva Chocolates(her favorite) and a video camera. She didn't quite know what to make of the camera, but I wanted to record the proposal for her. I then had her open the packages and place them on the table in front of her. The first was a picture of her brother(Will). The second was a picture of Michelle. The third was a picture of the virgin mary. The last was a picture of me. She looked puzzled and I asked her if she knew what her present was and she started to cry as she realized it spelled out "WILL MICHELLE MARRY CALVIN". I then got down on my knee and told how much she had changed my life for the better since I met her. I then asked her if she would be my wife and through the tears she said yes. I couldn't be happier and I wanted to share it with our WLS brothers and sisters since we met through this site. Take care all. Calvin
kristibo
on 3/25/05 6:03 am - Redmond, WA
Congratulations on your engagement!! What an absolutely terrific proposal!! Very creative and thoughtful. All the best to you! Kristi
calvoso
on 3/28/05 1:14 am - My hometown, WA
Thank you very much Kristi. I've had a quite a few years of being alone to think about how I would propose if I ever found the right woman. Michelle loved it so it was all worth it. Calvin
JustHat
on 3/28/05 3:54 am - NM
Sure beats the heck out of the way I got engaged. Someone asked when we were going to get married since we were always together. I looked over at my now DH and say, "You wanna?" "Sure, why not." You way was what daydreams are made of. Congratulations and best of luck in your new life. Have you picked a day yet? Hat
calvoso
on 3/28/05 8:02 am - My hometown, WA
Hat, That's a very romantic story. Thanks for sharing. We're thinking next april or may since she wants a spring wedding in Tennessee. The proposal day will be a day neither Michelle or I will ever forget. Calvin
Kelly O.
on 3/25/05 8:42 am - Cheney, WA
That is just an absolutly beautiful story!!! I wish both of you incredible joy and love throughout the rest of your lives together!! Kelly
calvoso
on 3/28/05 8:02 am - My hometown, WA
Thanks Kelly, I couldn't be happier. Calvin
Jerry W.
on 3/25/05 10:01 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
Every person deserves to find there soul mate you have went through so much and have missed so much of your life to being over weight..take Michelle's hand and take on the world see what it has in store for the two of you ..I'm so happy that you found some to share your life with.. Goodluck with your new wife and all the things that goes with it Jerry
calvoso
on 3/28/05 8:04 am - My hometown, WA
Jerry, I used to be sad that I missed out on so much since I was heavy my whole life. Girls never gave me a second look even though I was FRIENDS with many. But now that I found the right one, I don't mind so much what I missed. I care more about what I have now and all that we will have together. Calvin
Gerriann A.
on 3/26/05 3:54 pm - Spokane, WA
Congratulations on your engagement. -Gerriann 165 pounds gone forever!
Most Active