Nausea 24/7 along with diarrhea..when will this END?????

Juliaaaa
on 3/22/05 10:03 am - puyallup, WA
I know that I haven't been on line much lately.. but I feel so bad all the time. No one seems to know why I'm sick. I'm told that my plumbing is all working fine.... but it's been almost 10 weeks and I feel terrible. I've been in the hospital a toltal of 6 times since my operation in Jan. I have terrible liquid stools that come both day and night. I'm still on TPN. I just want to be normal again. Constant nausea and terrible vomiting 24/7 is making me depresed. Why did I do this to myself?????? Does anyone know what's wrong with me???
Jerry W.
on 3/22/05 12:28 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
I dont know whats wrong but I do know that worrying and stressing over any problem your body has tends to make the whole thing a lot worse. The one question i would ask did you have these probelms or any hints of these problem before having the surgery? I say this because I know if my wife was to have this surgery she would be at great risk to suffer from the very things you are but my wife is on the edge with these problems in her normal state of living.... I just want you to know I will keep you in my prayer and I want to wish all the luck in the world on getting better Jerry
JustHat
on 3/22/05 3:31 pm - NM
Julia, I am so sorry you are feeling rotten. I am at a loss. I can relate to the throwing up part. But, the other end has never really been a problem. One things that comes to mind would be a food allergy. What is your typical daily menu? Hat
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/05 8:44 pm - Yakima, WA
probably a silly question, but have they tested you for C-diff??? If you don't know, you should ask. That can cause this and make you very ill. (((HUGS))) and hpoe you feel better SOON! ~Toots
JustHat
on 3/23/05 1:14 am - NM
Hey Tooter. It is always good to see you. Hat
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/05 1:26 am - Yakima, WA
Hiya Hat...all settled in to your new home?
JustHat
on 3/23/05 8:03 am - NM
Well, I would say we are in our new home. Even if we were staying here, it would be years before I could say we were settled. We hope to have enough income to buy a house in about six months. Of course, it would be a good first step if DH would get a job. There are a couple of things in the works though. Thanks for asking, Hat
Mcfatpants
on 3/22/05 11:13 pm - bellevue, WA
Julia, I am so sorry to hear that things are still not going well for you. As you know, I can relate. I was wondering why they haven't put a feeding tube in you yet. The TPN is great but I am wondering about vitamins and such. Once they put the feeding tube in, with the TPN, I was able to pump myself full of liquid centrum and liquid B12 to aid my body in the recovery process. Are you getting enough rest. When the bod is in trauma, as yours is right now, it needs at least 12 hours of rest. Have you gotten a second and third opinion? Sometimes this can make you feel better, just because you are taking an active proces in trying to figure out what is going on. I am at a loss for what is going on with you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that things will start to turn the corner for you soon. If you and Stephen can get through this, there is NOTHING that you won't be able to face together! One thought on the diareah is that the body is trying to rid itself of the poison that is the infection you have/had inside. The TPN did that to me too. Keep in check for a fever everyday and try to get in some decaf tea or something by mouth.
Most Active