I think I need help

chunkable
on 3/17/05 6:41 am - federal way, wa
I had my surgery in mexico on january 26th now it's been 7 weeks since surgery and Im down 34 pounds but I have not lost a single ounce in over a week and a half. Most of my weight loss was just right after the surgery. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I should be losing like crazy god knows I have a lot to lose.. I was 335 the day of surgery and am now 301. I am so frustrated and feel like Im going to fail at this. Is anyone else having this problem? I feel like i have to struggle for every little pound to go away.. does anyone have any advice they can share with me... Thanks in advance big hugs Cindy (sad im not losing more )
Rachael E.
on 3/17/05 6:50 am
Cindy, PLease don't be discouraged, everyone goes through stalls like this, some sooner and some later then others. Be sure you're getting enough water in and it may be time to up your caloric intake. I know when it's time to up mine...I don't lose. I have been at a stall for sometime now...I raised my calories (the best I could) and I advanced my cardio up a few levels and it seems to have kick started it for now. Don't be down, you're down 34 pounds just think...you'd still have that 34 pounds if you wouldn't have had the surgery. Be happy, Rachael
auntlorlee
on 3/18/05 7:16 am - Bellingham, WA
HIJACK! WOW Rachael! You look fantabulous!!! Great Job!!! Lori
Rachael E.
on 3/18/05 1:18 pm
Thanks for the nice compliment! I feel great! Looks like you're doing GREAT too!
Rachael E.
on 3/18/05 1:21 pm
Lori, did you get Gruop health to approve? I have a friend who has been fighting with them for years, and she's finally giving up....have any tip for her?
auntlorlee
on 3/21/05 12:36 am - Bellingham, WA
I got them to approve after being denied once. I waited until the Criteria changed which happened January 2005. I no longer had to have 6 months of supervised dieting in the last 3 years. There are several different kinds of Group Health too. That might be why I was approved with mine and others might not be. I know alot of the Group Health policies changed in Jan 2005 to exclude WLS. Mine, fortunately, can't change until Oct 2005. I work for a school district so our open enrollment/change date is October 1. Do you know which Group Health plan she has?? That makes all the difference. I wish your friend lots of luck with them. I don't really have any advice unfortunately. Lori
Barbara S.
on 3/17/05 8:38 am
Hi Cindy, I haven't had my surgery yet (my date is April 18), but when I read your post, I thought, "Wow down 34 pounds. That's fantastic!" I know from years of dieting (as I'm sure you do also) that sometimes you just reach those maddening plateaus. Just hang in there and keep on doing what you've been doing. Remember, if you've lost 34 pounds, you're doing something right. Maybe try to walk an extra 5 minutes a day and drink plenty of water. Try not to get down on yourself - you have already accomplished so much. Sooner or later, those pounds are going to start dropping off again. Barb
Jerry W.
on 3/17/05 11:42 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
keep in mind every person will lose their weight at a different rate than others. You didn't gain it over nite so it will take time for it to come off.. As long as your loosing you are ahead of the game ..Just keep pluging along one foot in front or the other you will reach your goal in do time Keep up the hard work Jerry
vanessam
on 3/19/05 10:27 am
Cindy, I know your frustration. Just look at the entries in my profile. I thought for sure I had failed. I hit a almost 3 week plateau at about 7 weeks out. I cried every day about it. You know what I did that helped the most, made my husband hide the scale. I stopped weighing myself for awhile. Plus, I am sure you are losing inches. My biggest piece of advice (if you know you are following the "rules") hide that scale. Hang in there Cindy. Read some profiles, I promise you will find a lot of us were in the same boat. *Big hug*
Most Active