Anxious... waiting

Melinda J.
on 3/15/05 12:01 pm - Seattle, WA
Hello Everyone, I am just a few weeks now from my surgery at Virginia Mason's with Dr. Thirlby. I am so excited I can hardly wait. It seems like April 5th is months away. Are there any local support groups for after the surgery? My husband works long hours and I will be spending a lot of alone time after the surgery. I am also looking for some advise as to what to have on hand as far as food. I purchased some proteing powder from Trader Joes it was called "Milk and Egg Protein Powder" - I do not care for Soy and Whey is only okay. This powder is 87% protein where the Soy and Whey were only 47% - I do meet with the nutrionist next week, as well as getting a ultrasound for galbladder and meet with the surgeon again, pre-register for the hospital, etc. Any suggestions on being patient? I just want the surgery date to hurry up and come. Am I crazy for feeling this way? Anyone out there who would like to meet for a coffee or diet soda and share their experiences? Hope to hear from you... Melinda in Seattle
Tanja Y
on 3/15/05 11:55 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Waiting can be so hard! Just hang in there and before you know it you'll be days away from your date and worried you don't have enough time to do all the 'little things' you wanted to do beforehand. As for food it sounds like you've got a good start already by having protein on hand. Since you'll be alone alot I'd suggest getting the Swanson broth that's in the little cartons, plus they're not as salty as the little cubes. Stock your freezer with sf popsicles and if you like chocolate sf fudgecicles are delish! Unflavored protein (from places like unjury) can be mixed into jello and pudding and it's a great way to get more protein into your diet early out. Good luck! ~Tanja 448/295/148
Jerry W.
on 3/16/05 8:02 am - Mount Vernon, WA
I just wanted to tell you that you will be in good hands at Virginia Mason's I had my suregery done by Dr Moonka at Virginia Mason. the first few days will be hard on you because your boidy is healing and dealing with a new way of eatting.The diet people at Virginia Mason are wonderful people they will help you with any eatting questions you might have .I'm so happy that I had my surgery done there and I hope that you have the same if not better feeling about them once you have got sometime to heal and get used to the new way you'll be living.. good luck and god speed on healing Jerry
Most Active