Update on me....

auntlorlee
on 3/15/05 6:01 am - Bellingham, WA
Hello Washingtonians! Thought I would pop in for an update on me. Looks like I will be having surgery sometime in September. Bad, bad month for me since I work for a school district... But I will just have to work around it. Hopefully my boss will let me take time off. Might be kinda difficult. And... My profile has been spruced up! I love it! Thanks Cindy!! Got weighed last night at our group meeting. Dr. John Rabkin attends our meetings every other month or so. Kinda cool. Too bad I can't have DS surgery. Anyway, he brought his Tanita Digital scale that spits out a little slip of paper with your weight, fat %, bmi, etc. Again, kinda cool. What wasn't cool was the weight.... good god! I weigh 270lbs!!! I have never weighed that much in my entire life. I am sooooo depressed. I just hope I can control it until September. I don't know why I have gained 30 lbs since summer. ****** me off. I am ashamed of myself . I start my nutrition classes 3 months before surgery so that will help me. I hope. Until then, I am just gonna make sure I watch what I eat and try and drink more water. Anyhoo, take care everyone!!! Lori
dianaism
on 3/15/05 9:54 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Lori. Just checked out your profile. Love the colors! Didn't have time to read much; my eyes are really tired right now, plus I'm a slow reader and need to get dinner going soon. Mainly though, we have the same surgeon! You'll love Dr. Bock, if you don't already. He's my savior. He has totally changed my life around. You're in very good hands. Hope everything works out with work. I only took about two weeks off but I only work part-time and it actually turned out that I needed more than the two weeks. Listen to what the experts say and take the 4-6 weeks they recommend if you can. Love Diana
mary F.
on 3/17/05 1:56 am - gig harbor, WA
Congratulations on your date in September, it will go by fast. This will be your last summer as an obese person! That is what I kept telling myself last summer as I waited for approval and surgery(October****pt gaining weight while researching and applying for this surgery, once I got approval I mellowed out started taking little walks and not craving crap as much as I once was. I was 278 at my pre-op then gained another 10 but lost it prior to surgery( half from the bowel prep, just kidding)
Most Active