Is bouncing exercise? LOL

Tanja Y
on 3/13/05 11:41 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Over the weekend we bought the kids a trampoline..........and I've become somewhat addicted to going out and bouncing on it. Saturday I was sore enough from bouncing that I didn't even go to the gym! I may not get as high as dh and the kids (they're already performing tricks on the dang thing) but my feet come off! The very first time I ever got one one was in December while at my SIL's house in Arizona and I was too chicken to do more then just kinda bounce up and down with my feet never leaving the tramp; but now I'm getting some height to my jumps. And yes~before anyone starts wondering we have a safety net on the trampoline. Wouldn't even think of buying one without it. ~Tanja
sharon M.
on 3/14/05 12:14 am - everett, WA
Hi Tanja I'm no expert on the subject, but I remember some years ago, there were these little mini trampolines, that people could used to exercise with. It would put less pressure and stress on the joints (knees, ankles, feet). I never had one, but I had a friend who did. She would bounce around on the thing while doing movements with her arms. She would work up quite a sweat without having pain in her knees that she would get with regular exercise classes. I don't know if those little ones are even still out there. So heck, as long as you don't mind looking silly..... go for it! Just move your arms, esp over your head, I hear is best..... and I bet it would count as exercise. It sounds like fun too! Sharon
Most Active