Surgery over, recovery beginning

sharon M.
on 3/4/05 12:33 am - everett, wa
Hi All! I wanted to send a note to say I am home now from my trip to Mexico for LB surgery. I was so paniced before I left, and I thought I should say, I am home now, with my family, all safe and sound! I know most here get the RNY, so I don't know how my recovery is different from others, but the surgery was super easy. My Surgical Team was TOP NOTCH and everyone treated me with such loving care. Truly unbelievable! The worst part of the thing is really just traveling. For me, coming home was a long day, because not only was I sore, but I was hungry and not allowed to eat anything. It made for a long and rather emotional day, but I was so very glad to get home and get hugs from my DH and daughter! I will be VERY glad to get past this liquid faze, because it is REALLY hard and I feel weak and tired. It is just a day to day thing, and I am counting it down, with 5 more days to go. I am also trying to stay home too because it is just too hard to be around people.... seems like all people do is EAT! I guess you just notice it more when you can't EAT Too! I may have to run to a store soon though, as we don't even OWN a scale! Congrats to everyone and their weight loss.... I can hardly wait to join you! (Well, I guess I have, but its not noticeable yet) Sharon
Jerry W.
on 3/5/05 12:07 am - Mount Vernon, WA
now that you have made the big step toward loosing your excess weightjust remember some days well be easier than others .If your like me it has been a dream for so long even the bad days are good..I think now that I can eat regular food I might be a bunch more picky on what I eat no slammed together fast food for me anymore..Good luck on loosing your weight.........Jerry
Most Active