Update...4 trips to the hospital

Juliaaaa
on 3/2/05 2:36 am - puyallup, WA
Hi all, I don't get to the computer to much. I have not had the easiest path after surgery. My longest comlication is the constant nauesa and vomiting... and I mean constant. Dr Weber put me in the hospital just to give me a break from it all, and to hopefully break the cycle of vomiting with medications. I remain on home TPN and have a central IV PICC line so that I can get the IV's at home. He's stopping the Antibiotics now... but the IV nutrition will continue. He says that the upper barrium test showed that my pouches hole was not too small. So I'm not exactly sure what it causing this. My Incision is still open and draining.. but it's much lest now.. hopefully it will heal soon. Thats it with me... If anyone is having like problems.. please let me know. It's lonely out here. Julia
Mcfatpants
on 3/2/05 2:54 am - bellevue, WA
Glad to have you back on the board. I am sending you lots of prayers and well wishes for a better road ahead. Sorry you had to go through all you have suffered so far.
Juliaaaa
on 3/2/05 4:06 am - puyallup, WA
ok......don't leave me hanging... e-mail me with the *details* concerning "why" the 2nd opinion. Don't leave me in the dark here. Julia
awidick
on 3/2/05 3:34 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Julia, I'm very sorry to hear your having trouble. I haven't looked at your profile yet and I'm wondering how far out you are. It will get better I promise. I am about 4 months out and have not been able to eat yet. If I try, I throw up. It's gotten to be a real drag to only be able to have protein shakes for 4 months. They did a scope on me but ended up tearing my esophagus. So Dr. Weber wanted to wait alittle bit longer to let it heal before doing it again. It sounds like you've got a handle on it though. Atleast you are at home. That hospital stay can be a real drag. I will be praying for you to get better really soon. Best of luck to you. Arlene
Juliaaaa
on 3/2/05 4:10 am - puyallup, WA
Arlene..... you STILL cannot eat??? What does Weber say about that??? And your esophogus was torn??? OHMYGOSH.. i'm soooo sorry. Sounds like you have been through the ringer! Tell me.. prior to your getting scoped.. did you have an Gastrography or upper barium to deturmine that your hole was too small??? I'm asking cuz they gave me an upper baruim and said that my hole was fine... yet I keep throwing up. I guess it could be my infection... i just don't know. I will keep you in my prayers!! Julia
MarinaS
on 3/5/05 10:25 am - Small Town, WA
I was in the hospital every month for eight months. June angiogram July Lap RNY August intestinal stricture PICC/TPN 12 days (Ulcer) September Scope to check ulcer October Scope for stoma stricture November Scope to stretch opening December Scope January Gallbladder surgery February I broke the cycle My advice would be to make sure you trust your doctor. No, it is not normal. My gallbladder was the culprit the last three visits. Now I can eat. Make sure you chew till cream. Take time to eat. Follow your schedule. Get in plenty of water. All of this takes time. Yes, it does get better if your complications are found and treated. Even now some days I can eat more than others, and some days my pouch just wants water and protein drinks. Also, it took me months to be able to get in the water I needed and protein. You have to gradually work up to it and each of our journey is different. I am feeling so much better now and the surgery gave me a chance to live a little longer.
Most Active