I do believe in miracles

Joel D.
on 3/1/05 8:21 am - marysville, WA
I can't believe I went out to my mail box today and found a letter from my insurance company. They are going to cover my gastric Bypass surgery and it is scheduled for march 30th with Dr. lauter. I cannot express the emotions I am feeling right now I could not be happier if I tried. I have been trying to get this done for 4 years now and finally an insurance company will cover it. I have calls to make and give people the good news. I will live to see retirement now. Thank you thank you thank you.
Darcy
on 3/1/05 9:15 am - Washington State
WOW!!! THAT'S GREAT! I'm soooo happy for you! I can just imagine the emotions you are feeling right now. I bet it's a GREAT feeling! Congrats. You're going to be on the loosing side soon...I envy you. Just out of curiosity...What insurance do you have? Is it one that you can only have through were you work? CONGRATS again! ~Darcy Yakima, Wa.
Joel D.
on 3/1/05 9:36 am - marysville, WA
It is my wifes insurance through her work. My insurance through my work had an exclusion as did the last 3 places I worked. What is it going to take for insurance to cover a procedure that works? Well it is United Healthcare which I was told a couple of years ago is one of the companies that still covers it. It seems most of them are opting out now and not including so things are getting worse not better. I wonder if we could get a class action suit against the insurance companies for discrimination. If we had almost any other disease they would cover it but since this one could "easily be fixed if we would just stop eating" they don't want to cover it. I would like some of these jerks to just stop breathing since it would be about the same for us to stop eating. Your right it is a great feeling and I hope you to will get to know it very soon. Don't give up hope, I actually did and look at me now. Joel Marysville, wa
talkingkatz
on 3/1/05 11:41 am - Maple Valley, WA
That is wonderful, Joel! You have had a long uphill 4 year battle! It is too bad you have had to endure the wait, but now you are getting closer to getting the surgery! You must be so excited! Congratulations! I don't regret have the surgery for one second. -84 pounds down 10/12/04 surgery.
karen C.
on 3/1/05 3:45 pm - Kennewick, WA
Joel, Congratulations! I ended up being a self pay. My insurance, Uniform Medical Plan, not only has an exclusion policy but (quote from policy) "Even if medically necessary won't cover it." How's that for NOT how a health insurance company should treat people? Anyway, my 93 year old mom graciously stepped forward and offered to pay for the surgery. I am two weeks post op, Dr. Lauter was my surgeon, and I'm doing just great. You are in such good hands with him and Evergreen Hospital. No complications so far and down almost 30 pounds in just two weeks. Relieved and amazed are two words that I find myself using constantly. Take care, Karen
Tanja Y
on 3/2/05 2:41 am - Wahiawa, HI
That's awesome news Joel! I bet you practically floated back home after getting that letter. Wow, 4 years.......that's a long struggle. I'm so glad you continued to fight for your right to have surgery. ~Tanja
Most Active