Stricture!

Tammy _.
on 2/26/05 12:30 pm - Puyallup, WA
As some of you know, I have been suffering with nausea and vomitting for well over the past two weeks. Well, yesterday, I had an endoscopy and they found that the opening from my stomach to my intestine was so incredibly small that they had to dilate it. They showed me before and after pictures that were taken and it was amazing! I haven't gotten sick since and now I just need to concentrate on getting my strength built up. Since I haven't eaten solids in a couple of weeks, my energy level is shot! Thanks for listening, Tammy
awidick
on 2/27/05 1:28 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Tammy, So, where did you have your endoscopy? I haven't been able to eat since I first had my surgery. I did have an endoscopy about 6 weeks ago now and they dilated it also. But they also tore my esophagus so I ended back in the hospital. There is another stricture because I still can't eat. My doc wants to wait a couple more weeks before attempting to do that again. That will be 8 weeks since the last one. But he won't let me have it at Madigan again. He is going to send me out to someone in Seattle. So, it's about 15 weeks since I have been able to eat. Arlene
Tammy _.
on 3/2/05 2:27 pm - Puyallup, WA
Arlene, I can't believe what you must be going through having not eaten in almost 4 months. You poor girl! Are you nauseous at all? For some reason the stricture caused me to feel like I did when I was pregnant!!! I hated feeling that way. I had my endoscopy/dilation at Virginia Mason in Seattle. Dr. Bredfelt did the procedure. My only complaint is that he didn't use enough Versed and I woke up in the middle of them doing it. I was gagging uncontollably. Anyway, I am feeling much better now and truly hope that you get things taken care of so that you can eat. I am worried about you. Take care, Tammy
Most Active