Leaving 4 surgery tomorrow!

sharon M.
on 2/26/05 4:25 am - everett, wa
And well, I am scared to death! I should be all happy and excited that my journey is near an end, and I get to start a NEW trail.... but I'm not. I am scared and ready to cry at any moment. I would like to ask others, is this normal? To feel so sad and scared when this is something that I Chose to do? I feel like I am because I have been so excited up until a few days ago, with each day getting worse and worse. Thank you to the board for all your insights and help. This board is a great source of information and support! I would be lost without being able to read it from time to time. And Congrats to all the "losers" I am all packed and my clothes are all laid out ready for my flight out. I wish I could just feel better and not feel like I want to run away! Thank you all Sharon
Deleecee
on 2/26/05 6:50 am - Seattle, WA
Oh Sharon I am so excited for you! I am still 6 weeks pre-op but now that your time has come I would imagine that all of the things that you are feeling are perfectly normal. When is your actual day of surgery? When will you be back home? Do you have a support person going with you? Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Please check back in with us when you return, I'll be looking forward to heariing all about it! Good luck you're going to do just great!
JustHat
on 2/26/05 1:43 pm - NM
Sharon, your not nuts. In fact, I would be a little worried for you if you weren't at least a little nervous. My night before surgery was really emotional. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hat
Most Active