Calling all Wishcenter alumni...

Deleecee
on 2/24/05 10:04 am - Seattle, WA
I am almost 3 weeks in to my 8 week pre-surgery "homework" list and am feeling completely overwhelmed with all that I have to get done. Among what feels like a million other things I need to have a complete physical, pap, mammogram, chest x-ray and blood work. I need letters stating all of my results and letters of clearance for surgery from all of the care providers involved along with my gastro doc. Add to this all of the diet and exercise requirements/documenting and I am really feeling at my wit's end. I am a single parent of two teenagers and work full time. Trying to work in all of these appointments around my existing work schedule and parenting responsibilities is a nightmare. It is extremely hard for me to get time off from work and the stress of knowing that I have to get all of this done is really getting to me. Plus the thought of knowing that if I miss even the smallest of details I will not be allowed to schedule my surgery. I have been seriously considering the lap band for well over a year and am certain of my decision. I am self-pay and it took me a year to mentally and financially get my affairs in order to take this big step. I know that people will suggest I take time off from work but it's just not possible. It's all I can do to get the time off that I will need for the surgery. The end of April is the best time for me to get 2 consecutive weeks off, so I REALLY do not want to postpone my surgery. I want this so badly I can taste it. I am ready. So what am I asking for? I guess encouragement. Are there others of you that felt completely overwhelmed? Like you would never be able to get done everything that was being required of you? This will all fall into place, yes?
christine B.
on 2/24/05 11:21 am - prosser, WA
Hey Donna~ I am going through the same process right now...I am 7 1/2 weeks in my pre-op appt. is MONDAY!!!.. Just take it one day at a time and focus on the goal you can do it. Dont let it get the best of you. I know how it can feel like it is taking over your life, but it does get easier and more like a habit. Take care and god bless..just remember god never gives you more than you can handle. ~christine
conilp
on 2/25/05 12:50 am - tacoma, WA
Donna, It seems overwhelming now but it really is because they have your health and welfare at interest. I had surgery on Jan 11, 2005. I am so glad that they had me go through all the testing and such because then I knew as well as them that there would be no surprises come surgery. If you can try to get all the appontments scheduled on one day, that way even though it is a pain to run from doctor to doctor I found it was much better doing it all in one day because then I only had to take one day off work. Hang in there. It will all be worth it. This is just one inconvenience when you look at regaining your life. Fell free to e-mail me if you want. You will be in my thoughts. Coni P
Deleecee
on 2/25/05 3:19 am - Seattle, WA
Thank you Christine and Coni for your encouragement! It makes me feel like I really CAN do this.
Most Active