surgery in just 4 days!

sharon M.
on 2/24/05 12:49 am - everett, wa
And boy, am I getting nervous! Its harder because I will have to leave family behind as I travel to Mexico (self pay) for surgery, and right now, I am just a bundle of nerves! I am finding it difficult to sleep lately, and wake up at 3am with my head full of "what if" disaster scenerios! When I eat, I feel like I will Any advice from the surgery folks on how to get past this last hurdle of fears and nerves to get me thru these last few days? Right now, I just want to get on with it, get down, get it done and overwith! Its the waiting that is making me feel Sharon 4 days till banding 2/28/05
dianaism
on 2/24/05 2:10 pm - Tacoma, WA
Just want to wish you have a safe trip, successful surgery, and speedy recovery. Keep in touch if you can. Love Diana
sharon M.
on 2/25/05 1:19 am - everett, wa
Thank you Diana! I am just hoping to get thru the next few days as QUICKLY as possible. Its proving to be quite difficult though. Can hardly wait to be on the OTHER side! Sharon
karen C.
on 2/24/05 6:28 pm - Kennewick, WA
Sharon, Wishing you the best. I am 8 days post op with LAP RNY and doing great! You'll been through surgery and recovering before you know it. I have a friend who had RNY in Mexico last fall and she is doing great. I am so relieved to have the surgery part over with as I'm sure you will be too. Where will you have you "fills" done? Again, best wishes, Karen
sharon M.
on 2/25/05 1:25 am - everett, wa
Hi Karen Thank you and congrats to you for being 8 days Post Op! I am trying to focus that the LB surgery is pretty quick, and not at all like a heart bypass or anything. Just the whole Idea of surgery has me These last few days are tougher than I expected them to be. As far as "fills" go, I have been planning on going back to Mexico. A lot of the DRs here seem to "change" their minds on if they will take Mx patients or not. So unless its an emergency, I will just go back to Mx. Might as well make a mini vacation out of it too! (Lord knows, I NEED one!) Wishing YOU a speedy recovery! Sharon
Jerry W.
on 2/25/05 3:20 am - Mount Vernon, WA
I'll be keep you close to my prayers and I know you'll have a speedy recovery.. Just keep in mind how long you have been waiting for this dream to happen. There is a new world about to open up to you.. Jerry
Most Active