Making decision

JAEN0034
on 2/21/05 12:25 am - PUYALLUP, WA
I have had work up at Wish Center and I just need to have enough time built up at work to be able to take the time off for the surgery. Still need pre-op visit and then to schedule surgery. I really need to hear from more people who have had the Lap RNy and how they did. I have not been very good at the 8 week pre program and am worried I will fail again at weight loss. Please send me thoughts.
Deleecee
on 2/21/05 8:52 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Jennifer; I have not had the surgery yet but I too am going through the Wishcenter in Renton and just wanted to offer you my support. I am about two weeks into the 8 week pre-program and am really hoping to have my lapband surgery scheduled for the end of April. I haven't been perfect over the last two weeks but I am hoping they will see that I am really trying and am getting a little better each day. I wish that I could have access to the Wishcenter forum but was told that I won't receive access until my surgery is scheduled. In the meantime I have found a wealth of information here, and it has really helped me become focused. My suggestion would be for you to continue reading all of the information here, and to reach out to those that have had the surgery (just like you are doing now). I've also found reading the profiles to be really helpful. This is a great place! Best of luck to you and if all goes well we may be having surgery around the same time.
christine B.
on 2/21/05 10:56 am - prosser, WA
hi Jennifer~ I too am pre-op my surgery is scheduled for march 17. I am also going through the Wish Center. I am here to say the 8 week program is difficult, and I did cheat now and then, but just remember when you do cheat, try the sugar free/low carb stuff... There is all kinds of sugar free and or adkins sweets out there, i try to keep a couple different kinds on hand for those sweet tooth moments, and sugar free popcycles and fudge cycles have been a life saver at times. I think the hardest part of the 8 week program was the daily charting...But I stayed focused on the fact that if I did not chart completely, they WILL postpone my surgery, I know a lady who charted, but kinda half hearted and they pushed her date back 10 WEEKS. So stay focused and remember it is only for a few more weeks and then it will be over, but carries a huge bennefit. Feel free to e-mail me if you need someone to talk to who is going through the same process. ~christine
Deleecee
on 2/21/05 11:49 am - Seattle, WA
Wow a 10 week pushback! If that isn't an incentive to stay on track I don't know what is! I'm so glad you posted that bit of information, I'll be taking no chances from now on. Christine, good luck with your surgery and I'll be watching for your updates. Jennifer, feel free to e-mail me as well if I can be of any help.
mortman1
on 2/21/05 11:59 am - Redmond, WA
Hi Jennifer, I too am going to the Wish Center. I have my first appointment tomorrow morning. I am a little nervous about the 8 weeks, but I remember that the changes I make post-op are even more dramatic, and have to be much more rigorously followed. I wish you luck! Contact me if you need a support buddy. Paul
JAEN0034
on 2/23/05 11:28 am - PUYALLUP, WA
Thank you for all your support, I won't be getting scheduled until May, they would be pushing me back anyway because my heart has not been in what i need to do. Please don't let me give up hope. I so want to feel better. Physically I am feeling worse than I ever have. I haven't gained any wt. since my initial visit but I have not been charting. excercise has been difficult with plantar fasciitis. Keep writing.
Most Active