Went Hiking - 2 Months Post Op!

dianaism
on 2/20/05 10:34 pm - Tacoma, WA
Can we all agree, this weekend was so gorgeous! I can tell by the lack of activity on the message board that most of us were probably out enjoying the sun. I have to boast a little about my hiking trip yesterday. My friend who has been hiking for the past couple of years took me to Twin Falls State Park. I'm not sure of the total distance we hiked but we were out on the trails for almost two hours! And at the end of the trail you are rewarded with a few different views of the Twin Falls. Now Sheri is about five years younger and weighs about 200 pounds. I'm at 260 now. She was huffing and puffing louder than me! I had no problem keeping up with her. I would not have ever been able to do what I did yesterday without the WLS. Even when I was thin I was a smoker so I still would have been in more pain and agony. It feels so good to be healthy! I'm so excited about making this a regular Sunday outing. I'm on kind of a mission to get in the best shape I can for my 3-month checkup to see how far I can exceed Dr. Bock's statistics. Today will be two months exactly, so I have one whole month to get into shape. This hiking thing I'm sure will do wonders, and I'm sure I'll start feeling it later today or early tomorrow. Love Diana
conilp
on 2/21/05 5:05 am - tacoma, WA
Congrats on the hike!! At just over a month Post-op I went out yesterday also and walked farther than I have been able to in years. It felt so good I can't even describe it. I walked all around Port Townsend and even walked to the bunkers at Fort Warden and played with my neice and nephew at the bunkers. I feel like I am getting my life back.
dianaism
on 2/21/05 12:28 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Coni. I can't believe you mentioned Port Townsend and Fort Warden. Fort Warden is one of my favorite places to go. That's where I went for sixth grade camp. I love the beach there, it has good sand unlike most beaches in WA. The bunkers are always fun too. I'm so happy for you, and I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you're getting your life back. We are all so blessed to have this surgery available to us and praise all the wonderful surgeons who make it all possible. Love Diana
Cori T.
on 2/22/05 12:39 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hey, speaking of Fort Warden and Port Townsend. I'll be there next weekend! Going on Fri ****il Sun. evening) for a ladies scrapbooking weekend! Can't wait!
christine B.
on 2/21/05 10:19 am - prosser, WA
Hi Diana~ that is very encouraging for those of us wait for surgery. I am counting down the days (only 24 left : P ) Please keep sharing you landmark accomplishments for those of us who need a few things to look forward too ~christine
dianaism
on 2/21/05 12:38 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Christine. How exciting, only 24 days left! I wish you the best, and I know you're going to be happy that you had the surgery. Love Diana
Kimanne B
on 2/23/05 11:41 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
You rock Girlie! Isn't getting a life back a wonderful feeling? And WOW.. congrats on your weightloss! You are doing excellent! Have a great week and keep up the hard work, it really pays off! XoXo~ Kimanne
dianaism
on 2/24/05 2:27 pm - Tacoma, WA
Kimanne, I saw your new photo on your profile. You look so good. You are so beautiful. I love your long hair. You're almost at -100 at four months? WOW! That's amazing. I'm -60 and a little over two months. I'm hoping by my three month check-up I'll be at least -75. That should be pretty reasonable to attain. Went to Mt. Rainier today with my son and my parents. It was a gorgeous day and no crowds. We even saw a fox along the roadside and took lots of pictures. It stayed alongside the road for several minutes. It was so cool. I hadn't been up there in several years and forgot how nice it is and actually pretty close from where I live. Love Diana
Kimanne B
on 2/25/05 7:06 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Awww thanks girl! You're so kind Mt Rainier is SOOO beautiful, I went up there on a Harley last Wednesday. (was VERY cold *lol*) You know, I had been so used to a sedentary lifestyle that I too had forgotten all the beautiful surroundings we have here in the Pac. NW. Mountains, beaches, trees, oceans, etc.... Your are doing tremendous on your weight loss! It doesn't change much either as far as the excitement of dropping pounds. I'm still amazed every week as I go down size by size. I'm a size 16 now.. and I haven't been this since I had my daughter 16 years ago. It's so incredible, but also hard to grasp sometimes that I've really lost so much weight. I've lost about 95lbs so far... and still have about 45 to go. (according to my Dr.) I think I may want to go a bit lower but who knows. Keep up the good work and keep enjoying your new life I can't wait to see a recent pic of you! XoXo~ Kimanne
Most Active