My doll

JustHat
on 2/15/05 2:27 pm - NM
Today was the second day with the movers. They wore me out. I am off to sleep soon. My body hurts. My feet hurts. My brain hurts. But, I had to share this little gem. It's no secret that my boys play with Barbie. So, we have several around the house in various stages of dress. My youngest is still hopeful that he can get some milk out of her. Anyway, it has been a while since one has been out to play. When he saw her, he took off with her. Then he returned. He held her up and told me...Look Mommy, they made a doll out of you. He is my new favorite child. When I told DH the story to night, he got a funny look on his face and then said that my son was right. While I think my son's observation was pure, I suspect that DH is just trying to get out of the hole for blowing off Valentine's Day yet again. Still, I'll take my complements where I can. Michelle
dianaism
on 2/15/05 11:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
I can see the resemblance. You're tall, slender, and have a pretty face and long beautiful hair. Children usually speak the truth, unless you ask them if they did somthing they weren't supposed to do. I'll be happy when my son can recognize me in my old skinny pictures. When I tell him that's mommy; he just looks at me funny. But since I've lost over 50 pounds now and my face is starting to return to how it used to look, maybe it won't be so far-fetched anymore. Love Diana
auntlorlee
on 2/16/05 6:46 am - Bellingham, WA
Oh my gosh! How adorable is he!!! And he tells it like he sees it Mom! You are "barbiesque"!!!! Lori
Mcfatpants
on 2/17/05 7:26 am - bellevue, WA
Just a quote I tholught I would share, so don't flame me. "Barbie is NOT a role model, she is a doll!"
JustHat
on 2/17/05 1:18 pm - NM
Sounds like a bumper sticker. No flame from me because everyone that knows me knows that I am not empty headed (even if I can't spell ). And, there is no chance of anyone in my house confusing a doll with a role model. Plus, my feet are way bigger than Barbie's. I think they have over analized the whole Barbie thing and found that she couldn't stand up or some such thing. But, you have to admit that it is a whole lot better than if he brought my Budha statue or a Raggiedy Ann doll and said the same thing. Besides, in his mind, they made her to look like ME. Not the other way around. So Empty, who is your role model? ~Hat
Most Active