Tomorrow's MY big day!!!

Brandi L.
on 2/14/05 4:05 am - lake stevens, WA
Well tomorrow is almost here and boy am I nervous!! It is an excited nervous like butterfly's in my tummy but nervousness none the less. I am having open RNY so the idea of that big long cut is unsettling but I KNOW this is the right thing and that I have an awesome surgeon. (Dr. Simonowitz) I have researched this for so long but feel like in the moment I am forgetting everything! What to bring to the hospital and all of that is easy yet I can't seem to remember. Just as I start to do something I forget what I am doing. Hope I don't sound like a dummy This day is going to just keep dragging on....... By this time tomorrow I will be out of the recovery room and on my way to being a big loser--lol. I am just trying to enjoy my kids and hubby just in case.... Is there anything special you all wished you had at the hospital that you didn't take?? Anything that was brought that made the stay easier? It is just so hard to believe that this time has finally arrived. This is what I have been wanting for sooo very long. The hospital called to confirm my check in time for tomorrow and it set in then that this is really happening for ME!! Well I guess I will sign out of this as I see I am really just rambling on and on.....lol. Thanks to all who have wrote me and put me in their prayers you are all angels! brandi 255lbs day before open RNY
HarleyGirl
on 2/14/05 5:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi there, I live in AZ as you can see. I decided to look at another state message board and picked WA (lived in Olympia 14 years) and saw your post. Good for you and I wish you well on your journey To answer a couple of your questions..I took slide on slippers, a "granny" looking duster that had snaps to slip on for all those walks in the halls to cover the beautiful hospital gowns Also on a personal hygiene note I took feminine vaginal wipes & baby wipes to "freshen" up. Take care & God bless! Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/205/?
Tanja Y
on 2/14/05 6:29 am - Wahiawa, HI
On my first night on the regular floor I made a midnight call home begging someone to bring me a fan. I was having hot flashes and swore they were trying to bake me in my room. Ovbiously I wasn't the only person thinking that, because the next day a nurse came into my room and tried to take my fan to another patient! Good luck on your date and good wishes for a speedy easy recovery! ~Tanja -146
Cori T.
on 2/14/05 7:42 am - Neah Bay, WA
Very exciting! Best of luck w/everything! What to take...bring a fan, a robe, easy slip on slippers, mouth freshing strips, wipes for freshening up, lip balm. (the first few days your mouth/lips will be sooooo dry! ----Cori 245/168/150-ish
ncarter11
on 2/15/05 3:32 am - Edmonds, WA
Brandi! Today is your day! You are in my prayers. I tried to squirm over and meet you at the support group. Somehow I didn't manage to get a hold of you before you left. I hope you can come next month -- on the LOSING side -- and we can chat. God bless and be with you and your family! nancy
Most Active