It was nice to meet everyone

awidick
on 2/13/05 10:35 am - Spanaway, WA
Thank you all so much for taking time out of your busy day to meet at Barnes and Noble. Its so nice to meet who we talk to everyday. And Nancy and Sue, thank you so much for traveling so far to be with us today. It was a real pleasure to finally meet you both. I cant wait for the next one but I am very sadden to see Hat leave us. I'm really going to miss you Hat. You have helped me out so much. Have a safe trip and let us know when you get there. Arlene
Tammy _.
on 2/13/05 12:03 pm - Puyallup, WA
I am with you, Arlene, it was very nice to get together with our "online family". I am already looking forward to doing it again soon. I sure hope that you will be eating with the best of 'em soon (ok, not that good... but you know what I mean)! Hope that everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. Tammy
sspev
on 2/13/05 1:50 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Nancy and I were so delighted that we finally got to meet all of you and have real, live hugs! Hat -- we're SO going to miss you -- you'll be in our prayers for smooth packing, easy travel, and superb relocation housing! Don't you dare stay off this board -- we all will be hungering for your updates. BTW --you look great to me, even though you didn't show off your leather pants! Renee, I'm so glad I got to meet you -- you're awesome, girl, and your daughter is so precious, too! I'll keep you and your DH both in my prayers, for your hanging in there while he's gone, and for his safe return to you. Arlene, please keep us posted about your intake -- we're concerned -- do whatever you need to do with your doc, so you can stay healthy! Tammy -- how fun to meet another Hunter patient -- he is great, isn't he? BTW, I just re-read your profile and realized that we both had our pre-op appointments with Kat on the same day: 8/23! For only 3 weeks out, you're doing great! Please keep in touch! Tanya, I'm so glad that DH came home in time to do kid duty and let you come join us -- glad you brought Seth, too. You're such an inspiration in your WLS, shrinking down through the sizes -- and I always appreciate your positive posts on this board, too! Diana, it was great to meet you. You're doing so well for so soon after your surgery. Also I admire your gutsiness for posting to us about your intimacies. That inspired me to post on the over-50 board re my dyspareunia, and I received a couple of suggestions for solving it. So DH and I send you special, personal thanks! Chanise, we're so excited for you that you're approved for your surgery. Hopefully you'll get it earlier than 3/11, so your next school term isn't impacted. But no matter when it is, remember that God's timing is perfect! Take care, everyone, and Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! Susan
Tanja Y
on 2/13/05 5:24 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I had a blast and can't wait for the next one! ~Tanja
dianaism
on 2/13/05 9:22 pm - Tacoma, WA
Susan, thanks so much for getting everyone's name down so I can address each of you too. I know, it's 4:30 in the morn and I need to go back to sleep, just as soon as I finish this post. EVERYONE I really enjoyed meeting you all. I'm so glad I came. It's so nice to have instant friends, people I can easily talk to you about life on the losing side and all the ups and downs (mostly ups) that go along with it. HAT, I can see why everyone loves you so much. You have a great personality/sense of humor. I hope everything goes well with your move and that you stay in touch as often as possible. BTW, you're gorgeos and have a great looking bod. ARLENE, you look great too. I'm sorry to hear about the food issues. I hope it gets better soon. I took a glimpse at your profile and thought I must have hit the wrong link because there's no way you have children as old as 28. You look way too young! My prayers are with you. TAMMY, you with the beautiful eyes and most friendly face. It's only been a few weeks post-op for you and you look great. How was the Wendy's baked potato by the way? My nutritionist said I could eat their chili and last time I did the whole taco salad, minus the chips & sour cream. I made two meals of it and still had lots left over. It was yummy! SUSAN, thanks for driving Nancy and yourself all the way down to Lakewood. That was awesome and I really enjoyed meeting you. You have the friendly smile. You just make me want to give you a big hug and kiss! NANCY, you're beautiful and your hair cut is fabulous. I enjoyed talking to you about graphic design/html, etc. Good luck with your volunteer work. That's great! Congratulations too on making the century club. How exciting. Also, I just love the comic you have posted on your profile - it cracked me up! Look forward to talking to you more about computers, etc. and hope to someday be able to put together my own fancy profile. CHANISE, congrats on getting a date. You too look so young. I'm so jealous about your gifted, potty-trained little girl. They say boys are harder. I think I need to work with him more too. Let us know when you get a surgery date. I would love to come visit you and/or give you a helping hand with anything. RENEE, yes I agree. You're daughter is precious. I hope Jake gets to meet her someday. It's so cute to see a little boy and girl play together. He's got a "girlfriend" at daycare that he gives hugs to and holds hands with. It's so darling. I hope you were able to find some clothes that you like. I know you're much taller than I so most may be too short. I do have more and one particular jean dress, if it's not too short, that I think you would look great it. It's short sleeved and would be great for spring/summer. Next time I go shopping on Fort Lewis, I'll e-mail you and maybe we can meet somewhere. TANYA, I'm so glad you made it afterall. It was a pleasure to meet you and your son. You're son is very well mannered. You're an inspiration with your dedication to exercise. Congratulations on all the weight you have lost. It's amazing what this surgery can do for us. I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm really looking forward to something like that again. I better go back to sleep since I'm working tomorrow (I mean today). I switched my Wednesday since I'm going up to Redmond for my follow-up to the needle removal surgery. I'm taking my parents and Jake and we'll probably spend the day in Seattle. Maybe do the acquarium and for sure stop at Uwajimaya. It's always such an adventure with my 70-year-old folks. I'm scared to see what they'll be like in another five years. Love Diana
Cori T.
on 2/14/05 7:45 am - Neah Bay, WA
How great you all got to meet up! Hopefully, I can meet up with many of you too! I have met Hat in person, and Rachel, and Staci.
ncarter11
on 2/15/05 3:29 am - Edmonds, WA
It was sooo lovely to meet each one of you! What an inspiring group of ladies!! Each of you really impressed me with your strength and character. I am blessed to have met you. I wish I lived closer and could see y'all more often. Thank you to everyone for such a warm welcome! A special thanks to Susan for driving! That was **so** nice of you! Arlene, you are in my prayers. I'm anxious to hear how your appt goes today. This has been a long trek thru healing - it won't always be like this, hon. I hope, hope, hope that your body starts accepting foods again SOON! In the meantime I pray for grace and patience for you. You are amazing! Hat -- I'm sad you are moving. I sincerely pray for a smooth transition for you and family. I pray also that the future brings you more joy in life than you have known before! Keep posting and don't forget us. Thank you for all your encouragement! I always look forward to reading your updates and posts. You look great - sooo tiny. (Just say "thank you" and know it's true.) You're an inspiration. Chanise, I am thrilled that you have a date! Yeah!! I'm glad it turned out to be earlier than later. I'm sure the start of this quarter will be a bit more challenging than usual, but I know you'll do great. Keep in touch. You are in my prayers. You are beautiful. Tammy -- girl, you are doing sooo good! You have really lost a lot in such a short time. Your face and smile is so bright and delightful! You look sooo young too. It utterly shocked me that your oldest is 16. I bet by the time you are done people will wonder if you are sisters instead of mother and daughter! Diana - you too! You look soooo good. You are are very striking and a real joy to chat with. I too enjoyed our conversation VERY much. I am sooo happy for you and can not wait to see your progress. Keep up the GREAT work. You are delightful. RENEE!!! Gosh, girl! You look -- WOW!! I know you got to feel goood! I want those cheekbones and eyes! Next time I will sit closer to you so we can chat more. I know that this is a hard time. You are in my prayers and thoughts often. You are an impressive woman. I appreciate your entire family's sacrifice and am proud of your strength. Tanya, I wish we got to talk more too! Your weightloss is AMAZING!! I am sooo impressed and thrilled for you! WOW! You and Renee are inspiring with your diligent exercise! Next time I want to chat with you more too! Susan --- thanks, again. Thank you for continuing to reach out to me, encourage and share, support and motivate. You are a lovely woman of God. Thanks for all you've done for me. I reallllly enjoyed meeting all of you. God bless each of you! I look forward to seeing you again! Nancy
Most Active