Ta-da

JustHat
on 2/12/05 12:14 pm - NM
I have had a pretty good week. 2 or 3 years ago, I found a nice pair of leather pants. I picked them up for my mom. But, she hasn't been that size in a while. Since I was wearing a size 18 at the time, they looked so small. They are a size 10. I told her I would hold on to them and the first one of us to get to that size got to keep them. As my weight has dropped, I have kept an eye on the pants. But, when I finally hit size 10, they were still too small. OK, so up to this week...on Tuesday, I went out with a friend. I was trying to find something to wear when DH pulled out the leather pants. I didn't think they would fit, but tried anyway. They fit perfect. It is so cool when that happens. In getting ready for the big move, I tried on every pair of pants I currently own. The last time I went though the pile, I had built up a pretty big stock pile for my next size. It is amazing that sizes can vary so much. 12 absolutely don't fit any longer. Since we are close to our move, I am saving them for my mom. Most of the size 10s fit. I think the difference is which department they come from. If they are misses, then they may or may not fit. But, if they come from the adult female section, they fit. Even though I have lost weight, my legs remain thick. I had also been picking up size 8s lately. I haven't picked up many because I wasn't at all sure I would lose even one more pound. But, I found that a couple of the 7/8s I picked up fit perfectly. That was a shock. But, what was really shocking was how much fun trying the clothes on was. Clothing shopping (even if it was in my own stash) was always so depressing. Now it is just a whole lot of fun. Thank goodness I have been picking up second hand clothing. If not, then I would either be broke or own only two pairs of pants. Now for the really big news. Today was the day I have been dreaming of for a year. I weighed in this morning and was exactly my goal-- 150 pounds. The funny thing was how long it took to register. I was focusing on the fact that I hadn't dropped to the 140s. DH and I were arguing about what it would be when it popped up. He said 148.5. I said 152.5. It read 150 and I made some comment about stupid numbers. It wasn't for a couple of minutes until I realized that I was on the magic number. I treated myself to a nice shopping trip to Ikea even though they don't sell clothes. The laundry is caught up, so I had to find some other way to treat myself. Now I have to decide what to do with my body. Do I switch to maintainance? Or do I pick a new goal? What I need is for someone to be really honest with me and tell me what they think. DH wants me to stop trying to lose. But, I am still unhappy with my thighs and belly. OTOH, if I keep losing, I am afraid I will lose my chest. And, I kind of want my booty back. I think it is still back there, but because my legs are so big, my booty doesn't really yell BOOTY any longer. Thanks to everyone for your prayers during my less than happy times and support during my crazy times. I know that when we move, I will still think of this as my home. And, I will probably need you all more than ever because you will be my support. I don't plan on going to support meetings or telling anyone in our new town about my surgery. Hat
dianaism
on 2/12/05 12:55 pm - Tacoma, WA
WOW! Congratulations! How exciting! I can't wait until I can reach that weight. I think 150 would be a good goal weight for me too. I used to be as small as 135, but I think I looked a little better with a little more meat. As for your body, my thoughts are that maybe instead of focusing on losing, you should focus more on some kind of weight training exercises and abdominal exercises. That's just what I think. Congratulations again. You're an inspiration to all of us! YOU GO GIRL! Love Diana
Tanja Y
on 2/12/05 3:11 pm - Wahiawa, HI
That's just great Hat! So you gonna wear the leather pants to coffee tomorrow? ~Tanja 448/302/148
JustHat
on 2/12/05 6:41 pm - NM
If you promise to come, even for just a few minutes, I just might.
Tanja Y
on 2/13/05 2:32 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'll be there. Dh came home from duty and crawled into bed so he should be well rested enough to take care of the kids by this afternoon. ~Tanja
craigerzz
on 2/13/05 10:04 am - Klamath Falls, OR
Congratulations! GREAT JOB!! Craigerzz
Cori T.
on 2/14/05 7:47 am - Neah Bay, WA
YIPPEE! How exciting! Congrats!!!
Most Active