XXX - Women Only Please!

Brandi L.
on 2/12/05 3:25 am - lake stevens, WA
I am so excited to be on the "losing" side and this is one area I really considered when deciding to do the surgery. Pathetic??!! My husband and I have a great intimate life but I KNOW that it will pale in comparison to after the weight starts to drop. How long did you all wait after surgery?? I have been afraid to ask. My surgery is Feb. 15. open RNY. Thanks for your honosty/post.
dianaism
on 2/13/05 1:42 am - Tacoma, WA
Oh gosh, to be honest, we were really struggling in that department for several years, not just because of the weight but because of numerous things. I"m hoping that's going to change. Like I've heard from many people, after marriage that area suffers a lot of times. But of course there are exceptions, and it sounds like you might fit that category. I"m proud to say that my 70-year-old parents who have been married for 50 years are still getting it on, probably more than me. I was about six weeks post-op and less 45 pounds when I had that triumphant achievement I just had to brag about. But I was ready and able about a week after surgery, after the staples were removed. But with an open RNY, I have no idea. That's a whole new arena for me. I would talk to your doc about that. Hey, I just noticed your surgery is on the day after tomorrow. Wow. I pray that everything goes smoothly for you. I'll tell you for me, I think it was the 1st or 2nd day after surgery that I already felt like a new person, that I had been reborn. It was amazing and it's been amazing ever since. I'm so grateful to my surgeon (I can't even be mad that he left a needle in me). He has completely changed my life. I'm so happy now. I love life. I have more confidence (I must to be able to post some of these very intimate messages). I don't think I would have ever been able to do that in the past. Now I've got attitude and nothing is going to get in my way any more from me achieving the things I want in life. No more skipping social events just because I don't like the way I look and feel uncomfortable around skinny people. What I hated the most was when I started hating other people just because they were skinny. I hated it when people used to do that to me when I was thin, and here I found myself doing the same hypocritical thing. I just want you to know that the losing side is a wonderful side and it's going to totally change your life. I wish you the best and please keep in touch! Love Diana
ncarter11
on 2/15/05 2:48 am - Edmonds, WA
Oh Yeah!!! It gets better with every lb! I don't think that it's just physical either -- I know my confidence has had a HUGE impact in the bedroom. But the physical changes have had a fabulous affect, too. I'm glad to be able to return to some old favored positions. My weight kept our options limited. I'm thrilled to be able to explore and try new things. I have endurance and strength which add to the fun of it all. Mostly, I like how close I feel to him. My weight was both a physical and emotional barrier - both are melting away. Life is good and getting better all the time! Thanks for posting such a fun topic, Diana! Nancy
dianaism
on 2/15/05 10:50 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'm happy for you. You're lucky endurance even plays a role in your bedroom. But let's pretend I didn't go there. I sort of got busted the other day. I had this particular post up on the screen and forgot to close out and left for a luncheon. My husband read everything up to where I talk about other fish in the sea. But I told him, "you know it's true. So don't even try to be mad." We women get taken for granted too often. But I guess we're all guilty of taking things for granted, huh? Love Diana
Most Active