Have surgery date...Feb. 15 at overlake hospital

Brandi L.
on 2/9/05 4:57 am - lake stevens, WA
I can't believe I have a date! It has only been 2 and a half weeks since I first called Dr. Simonowitz. Before that I had been trying for 4 yrs!!!! I am soo excited and nervous. What should I bring to the hospital?? I have done a ton of reading over the 4yrs but need a refresher on what to bring by those "who know". My gastro Dr is requesting that they do reflux surgery at the same time is anyone familiar with that? I know what it is but always nice to hear from a patient themself. Please keep me in your prayers as I have little ones at home and a wonderful husband. Thanks!
conilp
on 2/9/05 6:22 am - tacoma, WA
Congrats on a date! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Coni P
Kimanne B
on 2/9/05 7:28 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Congrats Brandi!! You and your family will be in my prayers XoXo~ Kimanne
christine B.
on 2/9/05 10:41 am - prosser, WA
this is great news congrats to you...i will keep you in my prayers christine byrne
ncarter11
on 2/10/05 1:50 am - Edmonds, WA
Congrats on your date! Man, that was FAST! Where is your surgery being done? Open or Lap? In my profile I have a couple of links to lists of things I brought to the hospital... I went back and rated them as what was most important and useful. Wear lose comfy clothes to the hospital -- you can wear them back home. Bring a pillow or something to hug on the way home - it makes a diff. Bring lip stuff and remember that if your nose gets sore from tubes and O2 use a little vasaline to soothe it. They'll give you some if you ask for it. Any chance you'd be willing to come all the way to Steven's for a support group meeting tonight? Take care! Nancy
KuuipoCloud
on 2/10/05 5:44 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Congrats on your date, Brandi!! I've not heard about doing reflux surgery at the same time, but I'm sure someone here does! I'm so happy for you! Look forward to hearing from you on the other side!! HUGS~ Michelle
Most Active