Waiting, Waiting

Justme J.
on 2/8/05 11:55 pm - Lynnwood, WA
I have a question to anyone who has had WLS through Group Health. I was approved September 2004, and had my last medical appointment Jan 3rd. Now it has been a month and nothing. I have called the WLS clinic, once a week for three weeks to ask for the approximate month for the WLS. No-one has called me back. My question is how long was your wait? I know it all depends but all I want is an approximate month. I think it will be May or June. I am not one for waiting, but I am using my time to work on head hunger and exercise. Respectfully, Janet Carol Jones
KuuipoCloud
on 2/10/05 1:05 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Janet - I'm so sorry that you've having to wait like that. Mine has been very quick, I saw my primary care Jan. 3rd and my surgeon Jan 17th. My paperwork was submitted last Wednesday (the 2nd of Feb) and I was approved yesterday (Feb. 9th). My surgery will be sometime mid- to late- March. Although, my sister-in-law who also had the surgery began her journey Jan of last year and didn't have her surgery until August 30th. I believe every surgeon, insurance company, and primary care are different. Not necessarily in caring about it (although some are much more caring) but in the matter of time. I would be concerned if I called them and they didn't call me back, though, that's for sure. What happens if you've got a post-op problem? Will they be more easily reached?? Michelle
Most Active