Disappointing shopping trip

Tanja Y
on 2/4/05 12:01 am - Wahiawa, HI
We got our tax refund so dh and I made a trip to the store. Him for a PS2 and me hoping to find a new outfit for our trip to Pikes Market tomorrow. Well instead of the usual old disappointment of not finding anything in my size.............I coudln't find anything I liked! Definately found lots of things I could wear, some on sale.....but didn't find anything I wanted. After years of griping and complaining about not being able to find things in normal stores.........I'm now a smaller (big) size that 'normal' stores sell and you'd think that would make the shopping easier. Well not last night! Everything either looked like it was something my grandma would have worn or something a hooker would wear or it had horizontal stripes~which no overweight person should wear IMO, let alone willingly! I was just so annoyed! There I was, with money burning a whole in my pocket and unable to find a single solitary thing I wanted!!! ~Tanja -145.5
KuuipoCloud
on 2/4/05 1:53 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Isn't that the way it always is?? Never fails when I go to a store broke and ONLY looking for lightbulbs or something, I always find tons of things that I wish I had the $$ for. But, when I go in with a pocketfull of money, nada. Hate it when that happens. Sorry you didn't find an outfit to wear to Pikes Market!! I'm sure whatever you wear you'll be STUNNING!!! (((HUGS))) Michelle
Chanise D.
on 2/4/05 3:46 am - Lakewood, WA
Hi Tanja -145.5..(wwooww) I like Old navy in auburn mall...I also go to the BON and try on the expensive jeans I like and order them on line. I like hip urban gear and Baby Phat and J lo are nice sites GREAT Jeans and tops....If you KNOW what size to get.....Ther is also Macy.com and Nordstrom rack.com... Have fun...Hope this help with the fire in you pocket....
jnmlbc99
on 2/4/05 9:34 am - belfair, wa
I have that problem alot too, part of it for me, is that I don't think my brain is ready to see what is in the mirror. I really want and need a new jacket, I can't even begin to tell you how many I have tried on, over and over. And can't bring myself to buy any of it. Better luck next time! maria
Tanja Y
on 2/4/05 3:01 pm - Wahiawa, HI
While we were at the mall tonight I ran into Lane Bryant and found a bunch of stuff on sale. I didn't even try anything on since the store closed in 5 minutes. Got 3 tops and 2 pairs of pants (to wear to the gym) and when I got home........the pants are almost too big. I think I'm gonna have to take one pair back and get the next size down! I bought everything 22/24 and the tops and pants are loose~I like my tops loose but hate that baggy but syndrome in pants. Considering pre-op my last shopping trip was at Catherines where I bought 5x shirts that's a big change! I am so stoked! I even had to give in and buy new panties, because the ones I bought just a couple of months ago are too big for me! 5X to 22/24 loose is what.....like 5 sizes? I'm not sure, I just know it's pretty dang exciting to me. ~Tanja -145.5
jnmlbc99
on 2/4/05 11:27 pm - belfair, wa
Congrats! Glad you found a few things. I can not stnad baggy undies, they get all bunched up.
Hilda R.
on 2/6/05 1:56 am - Bucoda, WA
Fashion Bug is another place to check, they have a variety of styles usually. I use to shop there alot. Also, Ross, Old Navy, and the Bon (clearance racks) Good luck to you, and remember not to buy too many things, you won't be in that size very long, and it gets depressing, or at least it was for me, to get rid of perfectly fine clothes cuz they're too big. I guess I'm cheap, but I was always use to wearing my things out, before I bought new. Hilda
Most Active