First Support Group meeting

KuuipoCloud
on 2/2/05 3:15 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Hi all! I went to my first WLS support group meeting last night and it was awesome. It was very informal, just a bunch of WLS people in various stages of their journey (some years post-op, another 2 weeks until surgery, and people like me who haven't got an date yet) and it was so awesome to see so many like-minded people in one place. I am so beyond thrilled!! I didn't think there were any people up here in Oak Harbor that have had it, but lo and behold, there are a bunch!! Most have had Dr. Weber, but not all and we got to discuss so many different aspects of the procedure, what to expect, and all. The coolest part of all, though was that the girl who's house it was it is JUST LIKE ME! She and I have the same body make-up, her top weight was my weight now, and she is about 1-1/2 years post op and is at my goal weight (which is also pretty close to her goal weight) so it was like I could see myself in her and what I will be like post-op. I can't even fathom it, but it is so cool to see her before pix and see myself in them and see her now and go "Goodness, is it possible???" So very !! Anyway, just wanted to share!! God bless~ Michelle
Lisa T.
on 2/2/05 12:03 pm - Anacortes, WA
I also live in Oak Harbor. When does this support group meet? I would love to attend, as my former support group fell apart. I had surgery on January 3, 2005 in Bellevue by Dr. David Simionowitz. I haven't had any problems. I wish you the best of Luck with the surgery process. God Bless-Lisa T.
KuuipoCloud
on 2/2/05 1:12 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Hey Lisa!! The support group usually meets on the 2nd Monday of every month at the OH Luthern church but since the 2nd Monday of this month is Valentine's Day they changed it just for this month (it was last night). You can go here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG-Oak_Harbor/ and sign up for the Oak Harbor e-mail support group (it's the same people that are in the group - just an e-mail connection, too!) and they are all super nice. How are you doing since your surgery? Is there anything that I can do to help? Where do you live? You can PM me if you want and we can chat more off the boards if you'd like. Also I can give you my phone and personal e-mail if you PM me. Talk to you soon!
Most Active