The Wish Center

mortman1
on 2/2/05 1:19 am - Redmond, WA
Anyone have any information about this program in Washington State? I am curious as to how good or bad thier treatment and program is. Thanks! Paul
conilp
on 2/2/05 1:34 am - tacoma, WA
Hi, I went through the wish center and had a great experience. Everyone is so nice and the surgeons really helped with the fears I had. I am 3 weeks post-op and doing really well. The support they have is really great also. Coni
kristibo
on 2/2/05 2:52 am - Redmond, WA
Hi Paul, I also went through the WISH Center and have been very pleased. They provide you with tons of information and are available for any questions. Prior to surgery, you are a placed on an exercise and somewhat of an eating program that helps you prepare for life after surgery. They also want you practicing sipping, chewing well, eating slowly and taking your vitamins....again all things that will help you post surgery. I also thought my surgeon was great. Best of luck! Kristi
GTaylor842
on 2/2/05 3:08 am - Port Orchard, WA
Paul, I'm currently going through the WISH center and I'm very happy so far even though I've only attended the first consultation. The staff is great and they treat you very well. I did have a bit of heartache with the mandatory $2K lifetime treatment fee though. This is required and not covered by any insurance. Had this been mentioned up front I may not have been so upset, but it seems to me they held onto this bit of information until they have you in their office. They then mentioned it and quickly moved onto the other items. I will still continue to persue my surgery throught the WISH center because I love the idea of a doctor and staff that is intimately familiar with this surgery and all of it's unique concerns. Thanks, Greg
Chrissy P.
on 2/2/05 3:43 am - Federal Way, WA
Kudos to the WISH Center! I went through them and I could not be happier with my care and progress. I am comfortable and can eat almost anything at about 4 months out. And whenever I need care regarding my surgery, from doctor to psych or nutritional information, I get it promptly and with no fuss. I love the staff, the surgeons, and the 8-week pre-op program. That program really teaches you how to live with this surgery for the rest of your life. I encourage you to go through the WISH Center because I cannot say enough good things about it. Good luck Chris
mortman1
on 2/2/05 3:55 am - Redmond, WA
This is great, thank you all for your contributions. I am glad to hear about the suprise $2k. I will plan for that as well now. I am kinda curious if anyone out there had any bad experiences with them? Paul
miranda1
on 2/11/05 1:53 pm - salem, or
I am 1 year out today! Ive lost 130 and am 125 pounds I was very happy with everything Dr.A& Hospital ,staff 6 months out I got terrible stomach flu and i was afraid because of the surgery. I live 6 hrs away so I called Dr.A to see what I needed to do.He was very rude and down right nasty to me (made me cry).I ended up the next day finding a WLS in my area to cover me for unforseen complications. It might have been a bad day! I really felt like Oh now hes been paid so he dident feel he needed to be polite. As for this support fee for $2,000.00 thats new and CRAZY if you ask me pay for a support group?Go to a free one and save for plastic surgery later on. They charge way to much to have you pay for that also!Id call them on it and make them explain why theres a charge.
Most Active