I am home!

kennywsp4
on 1/29/05 12:48 am - Bremerton, WA
I finally got home fri afternoon.They kept me longer because my old part of my stomach was draining out into the tube and into the bag thingy and not going through me like it should,still isnt yet .They intubated me while still awake Dang! i NEVER EVER want to got through that again!The diet DR Flum put me on shrank my liver to normal he said my surgery only took two hours,not the three to five as the norm. the staff at the U.W was wonderful can't say enough about them.But the beds really sucked for me I could not sleep but about an hour or so at a time.I would sleep till my rear was numb then move to a chair and do that al night long i am still finding my rear not back to normal yet so im going to lok at renting a recliner for awhile as a compromise to it all.how bad does it hurt having the g tube from the stomach pulled? i know the drain one was no fun at all just curious as to what i might expect.Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts KIM
Lmcevil
on 1/29/05 4:01 am - Everett, WA
Welcome home Kim I too got home Friday evening.No major problems. My heat was pounding a few times but they never figured that out. The beds at swedish hospital are of the devil I think. I cant wait to be off the pain meds. they make me sweat. Good Luck Lois yatzeck
Kimanne B
on 1/29/05 8:48 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Kim! Welcome home! Having the g-tube removed is uncomfortable, but bearable... at least for me. They did it the day after surgery on me, so I dunno if that will make a difference. I have heard of a lot of people being more comfortable in a recliner, then in bed for a few weeks to a month. Me, I slept on the couch *lol* I'm so glad you are home and doing well, you're in my prayers! And congrats on being a big loser now!! XoXo~ Kimanne
Most Active