Dumping from my protein!

Debadoh
on 1/28/05 8:21 am - Sumner, WA
I went back into Dr. Oh today because I called them saying I can't tolerate the protein. I had to come home from errands today with my little girl because I got so weak and shaky. I've already talked to Michelle at Vitalady and I'm going up for a thorough tasting tomorrow. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I have chocolate whey stack and that one knocks me out. I also bought some Nectar Lemonade and that one is just foul. I don't think I dumped so awfully on it though. At this point it feels like a huge bout of hypoglycemia. No pain, no vomiting. Just woozy and tired Thanks to Laura, she's been talking me through some of this too, and I might go ahead and try some of the alternative proteins. I'm going back to work Monday and I just can't be having my brain go to sleep for half a day! Just venting Deb
Chrissy P.
on 1/28/05 11:50 am - Federal Way, WA
I'm sorry you are having such problems. I had a really hard time with protein powders at the beginning, too, although I never dumped from them. My nutritionist suggested something that I do even now: add non-fat dry milk powder to your food sometimes. It contains 9 g of protein per 1/3 cup, and you can mix it in with milk or other things. I especially like it in mashed potatoes (you can make that into a protein source!) You will get protein that way without really noticing it. Granted, it's not the most protein you can get, but it's better than nothing. And if you like coffee or mocha drinks, my current favorite is to use International Foods Coffee Suisse Mocha (sugar free, caffeine free kind), add some dry milk powder, heat some milk, and mix it all together for a tasty treat. Goes down very well and doesn't taste anywhere near to a protein powder! Hope you're doing better soon. Chris
Tanja Y
on 1/29/05 4:42 am - Wahiawa, HI
I had problems with protein at first, couldn't find any I liked. I even hated the CIB everyone suggested. It wasn't until I mixed my Roadside Lemonade with Crystal Lite Pink Lemonade that I was able to tolerate it. I still drink it that way! I know it's hard to keep experimenting, plus expensive but it's so worth it to find one you like! Protein is so important! SO don't give up. I use Roadside Lemonade mixed with CL Pink Lemonade and the Peach Nectar...can't think of it's name mixed with either the Minute Maid Lite OJ or the CL oj mix. Ones I tried and didn't like.....Unjury Unflavored, Unjury Vanilla, Unjury Chocolate, Isopure (the ones in the glass bottles at GNC) GoldPlete (?SP) and a couple of samples I bought from Susan Maria's site. It's just a try and try again process that everyone goes thru. ~Tanja -142
JoyC
on 1/29/05 8:14 am - Federal Way, WA
going for a tasting is a wonderful idea. It took me quite a few months to be able to drink any kind of protein. I finally ordered a sample pack and found a few I liked and that is working for me. Just don't give up - I know how hard it is to do this. I would get sick from my protein drinks also - I mean I was nauseated, throwing up, the whole thing. I just plain out refused to drink any more protein because just the thought of it would make me sick. My poor hubby tried all kinds of things to "hide" the flavor of it, I worried him so much. So I just wanted to let you know that I totally understand where you are coming from. The big key is finding one you can stomache and one your stomache can tolerate, keep trying though it's too important not too. good luck Joy
Most Active