Home again home again jiggity jig

Juliaaaa
on 1/26/05 2:09 am - puyallup, WA
Hi Everyone, This has been and continues to be a rough one for me. I got home a few days ago... but have been having serious nausea and vomiting. I was afraid that I'd herniate my bowel again with how hard my stomach was convulsing. I called Dr Weber's office and they had him call me right back.. and he called in some anti nausea medication. Not a big help. and I keep burping up this terrible sulfer smell... I did that a lot before the second surgery... but I thought it be gone now. It's sickning. Anyone else have that problem??? Anyway I was happy that He didn't put me back in the hospital (wasn't keeping water down) but then my incision started draining copious amounts of fluid. He cultured it yesterday and said that it was probably a staph infection!!! I'm on antibiotics (more nauseating stuff) and my incision is packed with gauze. I go back to see his again Thursday. I really feel terrible. I lie in bed wondering will I ever feel normal again?? How is that hole at the bottom of my pouch ever going to be able to fit normal food through?? What did I *do* to myself?? On a positive note.. Tammy called me while I was in the hospital. That was soooooooo sweet. I'm so glad that her surgery went so well and that she is doing good. Oh and one more thing... My tastes have changed. The protein powders I bought I hate now. So I don't have a clue as to how I can get my protien in. Any ideas?? Julia
Julia B.
on 1/26/05 5:53 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Julia! So sorry to here that you're having complications. My prayers are with you as you recooperate. I hope that the antibiotics are quick to battle your infection. I don't know about burping the sulfer smell. I remember hitting ketosis and having that awful taste in my mouth and constant bad breath. I also had the change in taste buds and hated the protein that I had bought and loved before surgery. My advice is to go to vitalady.com and order up a bunch of samples and then send your husband to pick them up. She lives in Puyallup on South Hill. That way you'll have some protein to try out, you'll get in a bit of protein, and you can figure out which protein you can live with. I live in Puyallup too, so if you need anything please just let me know. Julia
Juliaaaa
on 1/27/05 12:56 am - puyallup, WA
Thanks Julia... thats a great idea about ordering samples. I feel so bad that I wasted so much money on stuff that I now hate. I've been there to vitalady before... so that will not be a problem. Thanks again! Julia
Julia B.
on 1/27/05 8:29 am - Puyallup, WA
I doubt that you wasted your money since your taste will continue to change. I ended up using all the protein that I didn't think I'd ever like again after surgery. Remember that you can always mix your proteins. I used up some chocolate that I didn't care much for by mixing it with a cappaccino that I loved and it made an awsome mocha drink. FYI - my favorite brand is IDS which I sampled at a vitalady meeting. It comes in cappaccino, belgian chocolate, and cinnamon vanilla...yummy. I also love the champion stack chocolate, which is a solid chocolate that I love to mix with other proteins and sf syrups. Can't get bored if you keep mixing it up! Julia
Tammy _.
on 1/26/05 7:09 am - Puyallup, WA
JULIA... YOU'RE BACK!!! I am so glad that you are home, but sorry to hear that you are still having complications. I am praying for ya, Girl! Have you tried the Adkins Advantage Shake yet? It is premade and you can buy them in a 4 or 6 pack cans (11 oz. each). I really like the Chocolate Royale and it has 20 grams of protein so that is good. Not sure when I will be able to drive... my post op appt is on Feb 2nd, but I can take you over to vitalady for sampling or even bring you some home to try. I am fidgety and looking for things to do! I am a doer and I am having trouble just taking it easy. Anyway, Sweetie, you are and have been in my thoughts and prayers. You can email me if you want to take me up on my offer ok? Take good care of yourself! Tammy
Juliaaaa
on 1/27/05 2:22 am - puyallup, WA
Hey Tammy this is my third time trying to post this. don't know what the problem is...but my computer went down twice. .... but anyway I wanted to thank you for your offer to take me to the Vitalady...but i live only about 9 blocks away from her, so getting there wont be a problem. I actually have some of those shakes.. I think they are burried in my pantry... i'll have to look. thanks for the idea. I wish I had your energy... all I want to do is I go back to the doc's today. Keep me posted on your Feb followup! Julia
imagrama
on 1/26/05 2:45 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Julia, I feel so badly for you. It's just not fair that some of us get thru surgery with flying colors while some have complications. Whoever said life was fair, right? Just know that you are in my prayers for a complete healing of your mind and body and can start your new journey soon. Sue
Juliaaaa
on 1/27/05 2:24 am - puyallup, WA
.... Thanks Susan. You know??.. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be easy for me. Ahhhhhh well.... I'm still alive and kicking... and thats a good thing! Thank you for the prayers.... I believe in the power of prayer... Julia
Chrissy P.
on 1/28/05 11:37 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Julia, I am so glad that you are home. I am sorry you are having a hard time! This, too, shall pass. Soon life will be normal again. You're in my prayers! Chris
Most Active