OT: PLEASE send prayers, good thoughts....

KuuipoCloud
on 1/25/05 2:40 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
A dear friend of mine who was my neighbor in Hawaii needs prayers. She and her husband have been trying for quite a while to get pregnant. They are using in-vitro. Well, she got pregnant about 1-1/2 years ago with twins and lost them both - one at 14 weeks and the other at 16 or 17 weeks. Well, she was pregnant again and everything went great. I went with her back in October for the U/S and I was the one who noticed it was a boy. Even in the uterus he was a cutie!! Anyway, she was due at the beginning of February, but I knew that she was having a C-section, just didn't know when. So, I've been trying to reach her for the last week or so to see how things are going. Well, today she called me and sounded awful. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "It's not good, Michelle." and my heart just sank. She had the baby on Jan 14th and said that immediatly everything was wonderful. He was crying and things were great. She said they did the blow-by oxygen and he started getting quieter and quieter. After a little bit, he stopped breathing. She started freaking out and they knocked her out. When she woke up she was told that he had stopped breathing and his heart had stopped for about 40 minutes, but they got him back and he was on life support but they don't know if he's going to make it. Apparently, someone connected the oxygen tank wrong and instead of blowing oxygen into his tiny little face, nose, and lungs, they were blowing CO2 - carbon dioxide. Since her husband is military, and she had him at a military facility, they cannot sue or have any legal action, but they have an attorney who is suing on behalf of the baby - Baby Peterson against the U.S. Government. We talked today about how God is bigger than this and that He must have something very special for this little boy to have brought him back after 40 minutes. The doctor told her that if it had been an adult, they wouldn't have gone 40 minutes on him like that. He's a fighter, that's for sure. Please pray for this family (the Petersons). They are the sweetest family, I love them to death. Like I said, she is a very dear friend and we used to jokingly call the baby "Cous-cous" because when she was first pregnant we talked about cous-cous and how she loved it, LOL! Anyway, thank you and I know my friend thanks you, too. Michelle
chris T.
on 1/25/05 10:03 pm - everett, WA
Oh My Gosh...My heart breaks in two for this family..My prayers are for a full recovery for this special baby. And I hope they have a good lawyer...they surely deserve it! Chris
lilchickad
on 1/26/05 2:09 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Michelle, I am so, so sorry to hear of your friend's trouble. Having had a baby of my own in a NICU for 6 weeks, I know how tasking it can be on one's body and mind. I will keep her, her husband, and the precious little one in my thoughts and prayers. We all have to remember, God has a plan. It might not be OUR plan, but he DOES have a plan. Not an easy thing to remember at a time like this. *hugs* Laura
Julia B.
on 1/26/05 6:13 am - Puyallup, WA
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends and what they are going through. Their story brought tears to my eyes and old memories to the surface. I had 2 in-vitros and 2 miscarriages before finally having a successful, but difficult, birth. My heart aches for your friends and their situation. They're in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully God's plan is for baby Peterson to live a healthy, long life with his parents who have gone though so much to make him part of their family. I pray that God will give this family's story a happy outcome. (((HUGS))) Julia
Tammy _.
on 1/26/05 7:19 am - Puyallup, WA
Prayers are on the way for your friends, Michelle. Tammy
Most Active