The Blahhhs

GDKTY B.
on 1/23/05 3:33 am - Roy, WA
I am in the Blahhhs. I walk, and I walk and I walk some more. But my mood is not the greatest. How long will I mourn the loose of food? How long will I be nauseated? How long will my breath be nasty? I brush at least 3-4 times a day and still my teeth feel like they have fur on them and my tounge has slime on it. I drink a lot of water, juice, broth and more water and what ever will not make me hurt. Hints anyone, Please. Thanks
Kimanne B
on 1/23/05 6:22 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Shelley! Congratulations on your surgery! You are doing really well by walking a lot! As for your moods, they will probably flexuate some until you start feeling like your old self again. You just had major surgery! Depression is common afterwards, especially as we mourn the loss of food. Give yourself some time... to start feeling better as you heal. If you feel your depression is out of hand, or you've been depressed too long, call your doctor. I still get weepy from time to time.. especially when "emotional" things are going on, and I can't eat my way out of them like I used too. But I can tell you this.. each day is better then the one before And I pray that it goes like that for you too! As for the nausea, are you only sick after you eat or drink? Could it be you are eating/drinking to fast? I didn't experience this, so I really don't know. But since its been a few weeks, I would maybe give your Doc a call this week~ probably nothing, but just to be safe! You are doing so awesome drinking a lot! One thing that new post-ops face is becoming dehydrated... so keep up the good work! Also, make sure you get your protein in, thats what helps you heal and gives you energy! As for the icky breath, well, thats what happens when you have a high-protein diet.... and also a side effect from losing weight quickly. All in all, I know the mourning food really SUCKS, but it sounds like you're doing everything right! Keep doing what you're doing and when you get weighed you'll see that it's all worth it!! I'll keep you in my prayers, Kimanne
Gerriann A.
on 1/23/05 6:55 am - Spokane, WA
Shelley, I hated the taste in my mouth also. It lasted weeks. What I found that helped was sugarfree hard candy. It helped to keep my mouth moist and created sliva. It will most likely go away in about three months. Sorry just telling my truth. Drink water but not to fast. This stage is call kiotosis (sp). I know that for me using a straw helped to get my water in (still does) and I was able to not get to much at a time. Take it easy and listen to your body it will guide you! Also tart things for me worked well to as everything tasted sicking sweet. Minute Maid Light worked great with protien powder from Nector. I lived on it! The blahs will go as well once you get to see some big successes. Hang in there it sounds like you are progressing normally! Think of the great new clothes that you will get! And all the things that you will get to do this summer that you have not done in years if ever! -Welcome to the losing side. Blessings, -Gerriann Lap RNY 5/14/04 161 pounds gone forever!
Debadoh
on 1/24/05 2:19 am - Sumner, WA
Shelley totally described my mouth! I keep explaining to people how sometimes people eat fruit after a meal to cleanse the palate. No such luck here. Just a lot of YUCK going on. I'm getting nauseated after I drink my protein as well. I might be mixing it too thick/thin or I could be drinking it too quickly. Clueless. Shelley are you gagging on your vitamins too? I went with the tablet forms because the liquid vits were too expensive. Wondering if that wasn't a good idea!!! I'm counting down the days until my next post op appt so I can put something with flavor in my mouth. 16!! Deb
Most Active