Well thursdaythe 20th is the big day for me!

kennywsp4
on 1/19/05 6:19 am - Bremerton, WA
Thanks to all that have wished me well and a fast recovery etc.As many of you have done at this point before your surgery.I am hoping this is the right thing to do(the whole maybe dying part i wont even go there lol).I am waiting right now for the call from the U.W, for what time i have to come in.I am hoping not too early as the first boat doesnt leave till 4:50 am from bremerton and i would hate,hate,hate to have to go all the way round throught tacoma.I am trying to decide how much clothes to bring with me.They told me i would be there from three to five days.then maybe to a rehabilation center for another week so i guess I should pack for the long haul.and to any others having it done thursday good luck!!!!! KIM
Cori T.
on 1/19/05 6:31 am - Neah Bay, WA
Kim, best of luck w/everything! As far as packing clothing...Only worry about bringing an outfit for going home, something loose, elastic waist etc...so it won't bother any incisions. Also, bring your own pillow, not just for your stay in the hospital, but for the ride home. It sure helped me to hold it to my incision when going over speed bumps etc... Then, I packed my own jammies, once I was cleared for a shower, I put my own pj's on instead of the hospital gown. HTH
Chrissy P.
on 1/19/05 6:36 am - Federal Way, WA
I pray for a successful surgery for you, Kim. I ended up packing way too many clothes for my surgery. I was in the hospital for 6 days (NOT typical!), and I wore a hospital gown the whole time. I did not feel up to crawling into any other clothing. Bring whatever would make you the most comfortable. A book, magazines, music with player, phone card, and definitely bring your pillow. You are going to be walking around a lot, so bring slippers and something to cover up your bum in those lovely backless hospital gowns. -Chris
Tammy _.
on 1/19/05 9:26 am - Puyallup, WA
Good luck, Kim! Did you find out what time your surgery is scheduled for? Mine is at 11:30 with check in at 9:30. Are you having your surgery done laporoscopically or open? Hope that all goes well for you! Tammy
kennywsp4
on 1/19/05 9:59 am - Bremerton, WA
Yes i found out my check in time is 10;15 so thats good dont have to drive around.Unfortunatly i am getting the zipper(open) so pain i hear you calling my name lol.
Iridescense
on 1/20/05 2:46 am - university place, WA
Kim best wishes on the procedure that you are at the hospital for as I type. I hope you have an easy surgery and a quick and easy recovery.
Most Active