HELP!! PLEASE!!

Sherrie D.
on 1/15/05 6:59 pm - Benton city, WA
I'm new to this and would be grateful for any help I could get. I have state medical and would like the name of any doc. that accepts it. I live in the Tri-Cities and can't find a doc in the area. At this point I am willing to travel for the surgery. I want to have wls but don't have the money for it. If you prefer you can email me at [email protected]. THANK YOU
Paula W.
on 1/15/05 7:25 pm - Des Moines, WA
I have done alot and MORE RESEARCH. cURRENTLY THERE ARE 3 PLACES THE "sTATE" TAKES MEDICAID aPPROVED hOSPITALS tHE 1ST IS U of W great hospital but EVERYONE is on their waitlist. Spokane Surgical Specailitys is another of the so called 3 accepted. They are sweet and willing to help. The laws have recently changed. It is easier for ones to get get the surgery on medicaid. I HOPE YOU HAVE AN OPEN COUPON!!!!!!11 i AM SORRY MY CAPITALS ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE i JUST GOT A NEW KEYBOARD tHINGS ARE LOOKING UP aBOUT TIME READ MY LAST COUPLE OF POSTS
Sherrie D.
on 1/16/05 3:42 am - Benton city, WA
The Tri-Cities is east and south, I live about 30 miles from the Oregon border. I dont have an open coupon but I called Molina and they told me what they don't cover the state does. I also found out Molina will pay for a dietician if your PCP refers you. Where is Des Moines??? Thank you for the info, I had not heard of Spokane Surgical.
Paula W.
on 1/15/05 7:29 pm - Des Moines, WA
wHERE IS tRI cITIES? Probly South and a touch east. The 1st thing is to find a surgeon that takes dshs. There are not many and growing fewer everyday. The new law may change this. With this type of limited insurane be happy Seattle or Spokane MIGHT take you
karen C.
on 1/15/05 10:48 pm - Kennewick, WA
Sherrie, I live in Kennewick and will have surgery in Kirkland on Feb 17 with Dr. David Lauter. Give him a call 1-425-899-4665. You may have to leave a message but Berlin or May will get back to you. I have been very impressed with him and his staff. I believe he takes Medicare and Medicaid. It sure wouldn't hurt to give him a call. Feel free to give me a call if you have other questions. I'm in the phone book. Best Wishes, Karen
Sherrie D.
on 1/16/05 3:57 am - Benton city, WA
Thank you! I will give him a call. Good luck on the 17th. I actually live in Benton City, but nobody knows where that is. If you need anything let me know, I'm a good listener! I would tell you to call me but my number isnt in the book under my name. Its my grandmother's, I live with her and take of her since she can't walk anymore. Once again thank you for the info.
LRoman
on 1/16/05 4:25 pm - Aberdeen, WA
Sherrie I went to see Dr. Lauter and will tell you know that he is really great, I liked him alot but unfortunetly DSHS would not let me have surgery. They said that they felt that this surgery is not medically necessary and that they have no scientifical evidence that shows that if I did have the surgery then I my health would be better. I have high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, agoraphobia and weigh 378 lbs. I stand 5'7" and know for a fact that it would make my health better. I even sent them evidence of it but they don't want to admit it. This is the same people who told us that diabetes is not a life threatening disease and denied my nephew any medical help and a year later he was dead from diabetes. I am gonna go back to my doctor again and have more tests done and then see if maybe we can get this done. I am tired of fighting them but maybe if I keep it up they will come through. I wish you luck and hope you will be luckier then I have been so far.
SherrieD
on 1/18/05 1:06 pm - Springfield, MO
I just had to say HI to you because we share the same name, and even the spelling for Sherrie, that is just to funny!!! Good Luck!! Sherrie D -57 lbs 10.12.04 Start of my new healthier life!!
Most Active