I'm Home

awidick
on 1/14/05 11:15 am - Spanaway, WA
Hello everyone!!! I just walked in the door from the hospital. Oh man, you guys made me cry reading the posts. Thank you so much. Ok, when I went in for my scope, it was done like it was suppose to. Dr Howden did the scope. He sent us home with pictures where he opened the the stricture. We went home and I layed down and about 1 1/2 hrs later I was in so much pain, I called the GI Clinic back. They said to get to the emergency room right away. By 3:45 we were back at the hospital. They weren't quite sure what was wrong. The took some blood work and found my white count off. They must have contacted the GI Clinic. And then came in and said they had bad news. When doing the scope, they tore the side of the esophagus (sp). I had air in my chest that was causing all the pain. They talked about doing surgery if it was bad. I had the barium tests done and they said it must have repaired itself. But that I had to stay in the hospital because of the air in my chest, and around my heart. They were worried about infection. The next day Col Howden came in and was shaking his head. Didn't know what happened. I then said that he didn't get through the stricture and that no one else could either because he was the best. (Yeah right) He said they are going to have to reverse the surgery because the stricture is so bad. So in the 3 days I was there, I had xrays done 5 times. And they kept in constant contact with Dr Weber. Today, I called Dr Weber's office. Summer put me on hold and then Dr Weber came to the phone. The first thing he said is "Are you all right?" I was so happy to hear those words. He is having me come in on his day that he usually doesn't even see patients. Monday. This monday. I can't wait to see him. Until then he told me to just eat blended pureed foods. I am so scared to even drink anything. The doc's, nurses, trainiee's etc in the hospital were all so funny. They all wanted to come and feel my chest and neck. You can feel air bubbles all over. And they all wanted to feel it. They are so weird. I don't like it. Feels awful!!!! Hurts!! Thank you so much for all the kinds words. You guys are all so wonderful. What would I do without your support. Thank you again. I will write more as soon as I know. Arlene
talkingkatz
on 1/14/05 11:42 am - Maple Valley, WA
Arlene!!! I'm so glad to see you back and was very concerned. Still am, actually. Thought of coming to visit you at the hospital, but realized that if you're so sick, you probably didn't feel like meeting people anyway. But now you're home! That is GREAT news and Also glad to hear that Dr. W will see you on his day off. That must be a relief. Keep us posted when you feel up to it.
awidick
on 1/14/05 12:02 pm - Spanaway, WA
Thank you Kiki. I would have loved to meet you at the hospital. Maybe another time. Arlene
Cori T.
on 1/14/05 12:25 pm - Neah Bay, WA
{{{Arlene}}} Glad you're home and I'm glad you get to see Dr. W. on Mon!!! --Cori
JustHat
on 1/14/05 1:20 pm - NM
((Arlene)) You scared the h#l out of me. I am still worried, but at least your home. I am so relieved to hear that Dr. Weber has made you a priority. How is your family holding up? Is there anything you need? Hat
KuuipoCloud
on 1/14/05 2:38 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Arlene!!!!!! So glad you're alright. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. Give yourself a nice, warm and take it easy for the next few days. God bless~ Michelle
dscote4
on 1/14/05 5:45 pm - Yorktown, VA
Arlene!! I'm Stacie....just found my way back to reading this board again tonight and if you need anything sweetie, you call me! I"m here on Lewis and I'm a patient of Weber's myself! 253-964-0785 if you need ANYTHING!!! (((((((((((((((Arlene))))))))))))))))) Stacie
Debadoh
on 1/14/05 9:58 pm - Sumner, WA
Arlene, Ya scared us there for a little bit! I'm glad to hear that you're home and doing okay. Monday will get here, it'll seem like forever. It's not. :smile: It sounds as if Dr. Weber doesn't have the same attitudes as the docs at Ft Lewis and will do everything he can to preserve all the work you've both done together. Nothing like a doc with a god complex to ruin your day. :wink: Please take care and know I'm thinking of you. I don't post often but I'm always reading up on everyones progress. Hugs! Deb
JustHat
on 1/15/05 5:35 am - NM
Stacie, nice to hear from you again. So, where's the update? Hat
dscote4
on 1/15/05 5:47 am - Yorktown, VA
Puter crash and I"m taking time today to find my pictures... thanks Hat! Stacie
Most Active