I'm home

Debadoh
on 1/14/05 12:57 am - Sumner, WA
Hi all, Just wanted to let everyone know I'm home and doing ok. I feel pretty decent, pain is at a minimum with the Roxicet but the loopy feeling FROM the Roxicet is at a maximum so I won't be online long. lol The night of the surgery I tried to stop breathing and they had to reverse a lot of my pain medication with some other drugs because I was breathing something like 8 times a minute. Less than half of what you should be doing on your own. I was going to end up in ICU, but popped up out of bed quick enough and went to the bathroom so my doctor said, she's ok. No need to move. It took most of the next day to get my pain under control but after that it's been smooth sailing. Now I'm just trying to get my water and stuff down and learn the pacing of drinking a teaspoon etc at a time. It'll just take time. I wondered if I didn't make a mistake going through with this now because of the strain it's had on my family. My parents were worried sick, and my husband had a total lose his cookies meltdown last night over something fairly minor. I feel kind of guilty but the other side is telling me it's better to get all the drama done and over and now we're all able to work on healing. Besides, they said I had some horrendous gallstones and they'd have given me a hard time at some point anyway! Thanks for all the love and support, emails and support. Thanks to lilchickadee for staying in touch with me even when I didn't do my part. She's given me a ton of support and perspective that I really needed. Have a great weekend. Deb
ncarter11
on 1/14/05 1:11 am - Edmonds, WA
YEAH!!! Glad to know you are home and healing well. Sorry to hear about your difficulties, but glad to know you came through fine! WELCOME TO THE LOSING SIDE!! Sip, sip, sip! Nancy
Julia B.
on 1/14/05 1:36 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Deb! So happy to hear that you made it to the losing side. Take good care of yourself and take it easy. You should be proud of yourself for taking such a major step in improving your health and your life. Sending lots of hugs and healing vibes!! Julia
KuuipoCloud
on 1/14/05 1:55 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Welcome back and glad things are well! It is time to work on the healing and having had gallstones before - be glad that they're gone!!! Michelle
imagrama
on 1/14/05 3:00 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Deb! Congratulations!!! You DID it!!!! Now you can get on with the rest of your life!!! Sue
Cori T.
on 1/14/05 5:47 am - Neah Bay, WA
Glad you're home and on the losing side. Rest, take your drugs and sip your water! Oh, and don't forget to walk, even it's just a little bit.
ebonynurse8654
on 1/14/05 8:11 am - Lakewood, WA
Deb Glad to know you are home and doing well. Take care. Deborah
JustHat
on 1/14/05 2:17 pm - NM
Welcome home Deb. Sounds like you had enough excitement to make your story interesting but not so much as to make it scary. Well, I am sure your family was scared, but you know what I mean. Everyday from here on out is easier than the last. So, focus on yourself and let the healing begin. Hat
Most Active