Pray for Arlene

JustHat
on 1/13/05 4:41 am - NM
I just got a call from Arlene. She has been hospitalized. After her scope yesterday, they sent her home. She tried to lay down with her husband, but after a couple of hours, the pain in her check became unbearable. She called to see if she could take some pain meds she had at the house. The nurse said no and told her to report to the ER ASAP. Apparently, when they did her scope, they tore her esophagus. She now has air in her chest and around her heart and she said it is going into her neck. They have her in the cardiac ward. They were going to operate on her last night, but they said the hole has sealed. Now they are hoping that it won't open back up. To make matters worse, they say that her stricture is so bad that they can't open it back up. The military doctors are saying that they are going to have to reverse her surgery. The military doctors are in contact with her civilian surgeon (Dr. Weber) but no decisions have been made yet. And, the military is refusing to let her see a civilian gastro doc that is closer to Dr. Weber. The military says that she is seeing the best gastro doc they have to offer at this post. I know she is really down. Please pray for her and post some support to her surgery support page. After living with this stricture for 6 weeks, she deserves a break. I feel so bad for her. She needs our support. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=W1092186558 Hat
ncarter11
on 1/13/05 4:54 am - Edmonds, WA
Wow. I feel so bad for Arlene. What a bad turn of events. I wish I was closer and could go visit her. I'm not sure I understand a few aspects of her situation - like why they would have to reverse her surgery or why she can't see Dr Weber. The entire situation is awful. I feel soooo bad for her! Poor girl. I will pray for an amazing recovery, for wisdom and skill for the docs, and for peace and rest for Arlene and her family. Thanks for posting, Hat. Hugs to everyone, especially Arlene! Nan
Chrissy P.
on 1/13/05 5:27 am - Federal Way, WA
This made me cry, literally. I feel incredibly bad for Arlene and I pray that she is being treated with the best, most skilled, most careful medical care available ANYWHERE. Let's pray very hard for her. Thank you for letting us know, Hat. -Chris
KuuipoCloud
on 1/13/05 5:51 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Oh, I am so sorry this has happened. Prayers and love are being sent. She has an angel with her now. Michelle
Chanise D.
on 1/13/05 5:52 am - Lakewood, WA
I will keep Arlene in my prayers.... This is so sad.... I am kinda upset..I'll post later
judy W.
on 1/13/05 6:04 am - ID
Dear Jesus, We bring Arlene to you RIGHT NOW~! We ask humbly that you would perform an absolute miracle for her and protect her from any more problems. We ask that You would make her recovery swift and that she would ultimately come to the place of weight loss.....In Jesus name.....AMEN
ncarter11
on 1/13/05 6:13 am - Edmonds, WA
AMEN!
ebonynurse8654
on 1/13/05 6:46 am - Lakewood, WA
She has been so sick and now this. She is in my prayers Deborah
Cori T.
on 1/13/05 6:47 am - Neah Bay, WA
Oh no, I'm so sorry she's having to deal w/this. I will say a prayer for her... Cori
talkingkatz
on 1/13/05 10:16 am - Maple Valley, WA
Oh no! That is too bad and I'm feeling so sorry for her right now. And, to top it all off, they're reversing the surgery.... Please keep us posted on her status.
Most Active