Reasons I Want WLS

KuuipoCloud
on 1/13/05 2:01 am - Oak Harbor, WA
I've been writing this myself over the last day or two. Feel free to add onto it if your pre op or comment on how some of these things have changed in your life if your post op, or add some of your own reasons that you had it! Reasons I'm having WLS I want to roller blade I want to go horseback riding I want to be able to fit comfortably in an airplane seat I don't want to worry if I'll fit in the rides at an amusement park I want to hike without worrying if I'm going to have a heart attack I want to buy my clothes at a store, and only out of a catalog if I want to, not because I have to I don't want people staring at me in disgust I don't want people looking away from me for fear of staring at me in disgust I want to run I don't want to hear "Ya know, I've got this great diet that helped me lose a few pounds..." I want to enjoy intimacy with my husband I want to play outside with my children and not get winded after a few minutes I want to get my own water instead of asking someone else to because I'm lazy I don't want painful knees, ankles, hips, or back anymore I want a smaller chest I want to be able to better listen to my body and know what it's telling me I don't want to worry if I'll fit in someone's car I don't want to have to use the handicap restroom stall because most regular ones are too small I want to be able to wear pretty, sexy, and cute lingerie I don't want to hear "You have such a pretty face." I want to be able to sit up straight without my back hurting I don't want to have to worry if a small chair or swing will hold me I don't want to get high blood pressure, diabetes, or die of a heart attack I want to teach my children better eating habits and how to live an active lifestyle I want to face any issues instead of hiding behind layers of fat I don't want people to think I must be stupid, lazy, or a slob just because I'm fat I don't want to have to prove that I'm very intelligent I want all seatbelts to fit me I don't want to be stared at if I go into a restaurant I don't want to feel like people are saying "She's eating a salad? It obviously isn't doing any good." I don't want to hear "You should just walk a little..." I want to walk up stairs without feeling like my heart will explode I don't ever again want to hear my son say, "My mom is fat." Or "I wish I had a skinny mom." I want to be able to do aerobics I want to be able to wipe myself without problems I don't want to eat my feelings away, but learn how to deal with them as they are I don't want to try another 'fad' diet
Kimanne B
on 1/13/05 2:58 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Morning Michelle! What a great list!! You're going to be really busy after surgery I had a short list on my profile of things I wanted to do after I had surgery... you've covered most of 'em! But I'm going to add two more (for myself) 1. Take hip-hop dance lessons 2. SKY DIVE!!! 3. Smile more! Heehee I can't wait to sky dive! I am three months out and have already experienced a drastic change in my energy levels and my abilities. I can walk endlessly (it seems) without huffin' and puffin'... I can dance for hours... I can exercise... I can fit seatbelts around me....I don't have to worry about finding a "big" chair to sit in....I am off all my meds and CPAP... I don't have any knee/joint pain anymore....I am happier! I am LIVING. Not just breathing, but I mean REALLY living!!! Getting back my quality of life It's incredible! Your list is awesome and with goals that are reachable! I know you can and will have all the things you want Michelle Thanks for the great post, I'm praying for you! XoXo~ Kimanne
KuuipoCloud
on 1/13/05 5:25 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Way to go Kimanne!! I've given serious thought to sky diving, too but my husband has basically all but forbidden it, . Nah, I'm sure if I really wanted to he'd let me but I may put that off. I'm so happy for all the things that you're already doing!! I will be soon, too!!! Michelle
ncarter11
on 1/13/05 3:28 am - Edmonds, WA
Great list! You will be surprised at how fast those things come to you postop! I am only 4 months out and sooo many of my list items are checked off... ... Pain in knees, hips, ankles and back are gone! ... I am just fine and dandy wearing a bathing suit. ... I have endurance and it just keeps getting better and better ... I fit! In seats and seatbelts, booths and bathroom stalls, theater seats and I wouldn't hesitate to get on an amusement ride! ... I can get up, down, in, and out normally! ... Sex is already a million times better! ... I feel great and I am already healthier. My thyroid meds should be decreased this month. ... I can cross my legs, sit on hubby's lap (at least for a few moments ), I feel prettier and I can sit curled up. ... I sleep great! I do not have to wake up and lift myself to roll over! ... The mirror is not such a bad thing. ... I am still obese, but I am far from morbidly obese and I no longer qualify for surgery! I am nearly just overweight! ... I'm less embarrassed or intimidated and far more confident. ... I can see my toes and other places! ... I wear pretty (non-granny) underwear! ... I weigh less than my driver's license! ... Only a few X's remain in my wardrobe. A few XLs and that's it! No more XXL, XXXL, 1X, 2X, 3X... I can shop from the regular racks! ... And I will be thin and fit for my 40th bday! You keep that list going! It's such a great reference point! You'll be there before you know it. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress toward surgery. Take care! Nancy
KuuipoCloud
on 1/13/05 5:26 am - Oak Harbor, WA
WAY TO GO NANCY!!! I'm looking forward to a lot of those 'x's being gone from my closet, too and the only '2' I want is at the end of '12' not in the front as in '28'. Soooooooon!!!! Michelle
JustHat
on 1/14/05 2:00 pm - NM
Great list. I never made one before surgery. I was telling DH a few days ago that I want to fly somewhere. I don't care where. I just want to sit in an airplane seat. I would be happy if they would just let me on the plane long enough to sit down for a minute or two. One weird thing that has made me happy is in the bathroom. For a long time, I have been sick about not being able to wrap a regular bath towel around me. I have several bath sheets because of it. But, now I can wrap a regular towel around me and actually cover all of me. It is so sweet. Hat
KuuipoCloud
on 1/14/05 2:44 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
ROFL , I can see myself at the airport at the security checkpoint, the guards on me and me just screaming, "I just want to sit in the seat for a few minutes!!" LOL! The thought just passed through my head - but I'm on migraine medication right now, so can't tell how lucid this is, Yeah, being able to wrap a regular towel around me is another one I need to add to my list. BTW, in your pics on your website, I LOVE the denim jumpsuit - YOWZA!! Michelle
JustHat
on 1/14/05 3:11 pm - NM
Speaking of the denim catsuit, I tried it on today. The d@mn thing is baggy. That is one of the things that sucks. You find an outfit you like and then it is too big. I have a pair of size 13 pants sitting here that I bought and never even took the tags off of. I need to figure out if I can find some places that carries the same thing and exchange them for a smaller size. As for the catsuit, I need to see if I can take it up. Also, there was something else that I always wanted to do. The last time I lost a bunch of weight, I was able to put my hand in behind my ribs. I can do that now. I am not sure why anyone would want to do it. But, I never claimed anything other than my current weight was normal either. Hat
Paula W.
on 1/15/05 4:40 pm - Des Moines, WA
Hi, I just wanted to say what a great list. It covers so much. I would like to add having more confidence when applying for a job, I always think that they will look at me and think Lazy,.... Liking yourself more more energy so many less PILLS for all the health conditions Having a brighter outlook on the future Good Luck and Take Care of yourself
Most Active