Obscessed with BMI Calculator

lilchickad
on 1/11/05 5:12 am - Bonney Lake, WA
OKay, is anyone else out there obscessed with the BMI Calculator. I mean, every pound I lose, I have to re-calculate my BMI. Like I think that 1 pound is going to make a difference. I'm running myself NUTS with this. I have 4 pounds to go before I am just "overweight", and its driving me insane....somebody come cut one of my limbs off so I can lose that four pounds...GEEZE!!! Lol...okay, this is my whine post for the day!!! I'm going to go find some cheeeeze to go with it Hugs to all! Laura
Kimanne B
on 1/11/05 5:32 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
*raises her hand* Ahem.... I admit it... I too am obsessed with the BMI calculator Perhaps we should start a support group "BMI Calculators Anonymous" And here I thought it was just me.............. Afternoon Girlie, thanks for the laugh! XoXo~ Kimanne
lilchickad
on 1/11/05 6:15 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I have little post-its all over my desk with messages such as "Just say no to BMI Calculator" ... and "No Clicking on BMI Calculator"....it still doesn't work....maybe it will get better when I get in the "normal" range! *sigh* Have a happy day! Hugs Kimmmmmmmmiegirl! Laura
Jill L.
on 1/11/05 6:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks for reminding me, I lost another pound and I hadn't done that in at least 24 hours! Well, I will take every pound and point off where I can! I abuse the BMI calculator and I am a proud of it! I had to stop using the weight loss planner though! That was driving me bonkers!
JustHat
on 1/11/05 7:24 am - NM
I am getting better. I used to get up every morning, weigh in and head for the computer. When I got to the computer, I put enter my weight on a spreadsheet on my computer, fitday.com, thinnerself.com, yahoo.com and my OH profile. I have cut yahoo back to once a week. (It figured my % to goal for me.) Thinnerself is now just once a month for weigh ins. They have a cool chart. And, my spreadsheet is only for once a week. It keeps my totals like total for the week, total since surgery, total to goal, pounds needed to lose each week to make my goal by a certain date and such. And, I only update my profile if there is a change or once a week. That is where I get my BMI from. And, yes, I am obscessed with that stupd BMI. The 150s holds three goals for me. Century Club, Normal (healthy) BMI and original goal of 150. I am just getting ready to update my profile and check my BMI. Hat
JustHat
on 1/11/05 7:29 am - NM
OH and if you want something else to play with, check out My My Virtual Model (mvm.com). You can make your self fat and thin in minutes. It is kind of fun to play with. Although my fat body on there looked much better than in real person.
Chrissy P.
on 1/11/05 8:03 am - Federal Way, WA
Oh great! Another tool with which to procrastinate at work! I just checked mine for the first time since I checked it before surgery. I have gone from "morbidly obese" (such a lovely term) to "severely obese." Wow! What an accomplishment! Hugs y'all!
ncarter11
on 1/11/05 8:17 am - Edmonds, WA
I'm obsessed with being just "overweight" too! I have 14 more lbs to go til I make it. At that point I don't know which I'll celebrate more - being just "overweight" or hitting the century mark. One way or the other I might throw caution to the wind and fold a little laundry in celebration!!! (jk, Hat! You know I have a b'zillion kids and I have tangoed with a few loads myself. In fact there is a pile of laundry begging me to celebrate something, anything!, right now!! ) Whine and cheese. That is sooooooo 'post-op' of you, Laura! Whining while eating high-protein food! Pats-on-the-backs!! Tell that BMI Calculator who is BOSS! Nancy
Most Active