HEY everyone

kennywsp4
on 1/10/05 4:31 pm - Bremerton, WA
Just saying hi my name is Kim. I found the website tonight.I am set to have my surgery on the 20th of this month by DR Flum at the UW.A little bit about me.I am 37 year old guy( dont let the name fool you lol).I live in Bremerton by myself well me the two cats and one dog.Lots of things going through my mind right now.I am excited a little scared/worried.I will look over the web site more to see whats all here before i jump in with any questions that may have been answered before. thank you Kim
awidick
on 1/10/05 11:13 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Kim Welcome to the site. You can ask your questions. There are so many experienced people here, and they don't mind answering the same question twice or more. Arlene
ncarter11
on 1/11/05 2:46 am - Edmonds, WA
Hello and WELCOME, Kim! Glad you introduced yourself! Congrats on your date. Be sure to keep in touch and let us know your progress! All questions are welcome, btw. Nancy
Kimanne B
on 1/11/05 4:59 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hey Kim!!!! (TOTALLY awesome name by the way ) Welcome to the site!!! I'm so glad you found the site before your surgery Do you have friends or family that are going to be with you?? ... especially when you return home?? It's completely normal to have a million different things/emotions running thru your mind right now! You are about to embark on a life changing journey! How exciting is that?! Let us know if you need anything or we can be of help..... most of us are only an email away Best wishes and God Bless, XoXo~ Kimanne
kennywsp4
on 1/11/05 5:24 am - Bremerton, WA
Yes my parents are going over with me on thursday.My final appointment before surgery is this wed with the nurses and then the anesteaologist.I am told i will be in hospital for three to five days (five days is all medicare will pay for).If I still need help they told me I would go to a Rehabilitation center for up to a week more.My whole family is behind me 100% on my choice for the surgery and will do whatever they can to help me.
Kimanne B
on 1/11/05 5:29 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Oh good, its SOO nice if you can have family with you I had mine open and was in there five days. I could have gone home earlier, but I had no one but a child at home, so they kept me a few days longer. Is there anyone that can post how you are doing after surgery so we know you're doing ok??? Cuz' now you're part of our family and we'll be wanting to know how you're doing!!! *lol*
Chrissy P.
on 1/11/05 7:55 am - Federal Way, WA
Welcome to your new internet home, Kim! Congratulations on your surgery date. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post things here. We've all been through the wringer and are eager to share with you. There are no "dumb" questions (an oxymoron, in my book). -Chris
kennywsp4
on 1/11/05 11:19 am - Bremerton, WA
If any one would like to give me there e-mail address. I could have my mom e-mail a note to them and have them post it here if thats alright.Glad to see every one is so nice here.My biggest thing is im so hunrgy have been for almost a month now(Dr flum put me on a two slim fast shakes a day and one lean cuisine, diet for the month before surgery).Wed i will find out how much weight I lost in the last month lol.
Tammy _.
on 1/11/05 12:02 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hey Kim, we have the same surgery dates!! Wishing you the best. Wow, you are doing so well if you are only having a couple of slim fasts and a lean cuisine per day. My doctor just said that it would be in my best interest to lose some weight prior to the surgery so that the liver shrinks some. I thought that I was doing pretty well just riding my exercise bike. Looking forward to comparing notes with you when we both get home from the hospital. Tammy
kennywsp4
on 1/11/05 1:51 pm - Bremerton, WA
Tammy where are you having yours done?That is the reason he gave me too was to shrink my liver down also.I wish you well on your surgery also.
Most Active