Dr. Oelschlager...

KuuipoCloud
on 1/10/05 8:43 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Anyone know of him? Good, bad, ugly, otherwise? He is who I've been referred to and I've seen some info on him here, just wanted to hear other people's comments. Thanx! Michelle
Tammy _.
on 1/10/05 1:03 pm - Puyallup, WA
He seems to know his stuff. I was initially going to go with him but was denied. I didn't appeal because Nancy said it would be useless. In my opinion, Nancy (the coordinator) is rude and really needs better people skills. I didn't want to deal with her and also was worried about the follow up care. He pretty much just wanted me to be followed up by a PCP which concerned me because I want someone to know what labs to request, etc. Dr. Oelschlager himself has a very good reputation. I think he will take good care of you. And of course, the hospital is top notch. I look forward to hearing what you think. By the way, did you know that Dr. Oelschlager was born in 1969? Just a baby. BUT a good pair of hands, is a good pair of hands! Tammy
KuuipoCloud
on 1/10/05 2:50 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Ya know, I have to agree with you about Nancy. When I called she told me that since I didn't have any co-morbidities Tricare may deny me. She almost sounded annoyed that I was even calling and wasting her time since my insurance may deny me. Then she said that someone else would call me when it got closer to my appointment time (in 3-4 months) and that I needed to get all of my previous medical records of my surgeries. I dunno - just kinda sounded irritated. I'm checking into another surgeon who may be able to see me sooner (Dr. Billing).
Tammy _.
on 1/11/05 1:24 pm - Puyallup, WA
Good luck to you, Michelle, whatever you decide. I know that one of the things that you like about him was his ability to do the surgery laparoscopically. I agree with you on that one! If it is possible, then why not? Have you checked the list of WA surgeons that lists the type of surgeries they perform? Keep us posted with what you decide. Tammy
KuuipoCloud
on 1/11/05 2:58 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Tammy, I have checked out the docs in my area (the closest one is almost 2 hours away) but since I'm military very few will accept my insurance. The closest military hospital that does it is 3 hours away and has an 18 month - 2 year waiting list!!
Most Active