Leaving the board

sassy
on 1/9/05 2:48 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
After much consideration, I have decided to leave this board. I think it is unfair that we can not express our stories and opinions without someone getting in a tizzy because they don't like what they are reading, even though all we post is truth. I think is unfair that people who only come on the board to gloat about their successes throw a fit over something they have read and decide to throw a temper tantrum. It takes away from the support group experience because it limits us from sharing our stories and our experiences. If we can't post our aggrevations and our battles right along with our successes, then this board is useless. This isn't a bragging board, this is a board for patients to help one another and learn from other peoples mistakes and to educate them on the truth, on the real life as a post op experience, the gorey and the glory. I am not completely deleting my profile, as there are many boards I pop in and out of, and anyone wanting to keep up can check out my profile and email me anytime. I want to thank everyone for helping me learn and grow, I have learned so much here. And if you are going to post a negative response to this post because I stepped on your toes and hurt your feelings, DONT. YOU'VE SAID MORE THAN ENOUGH.
Luna_Rose
on 1/9/05 3:25 pm - Wenatchee, WA
It's sad that a few nay-sayers ruin it for those of us who are really trying to make a difference in our own lives, and when we can, the lives of others. I have not had my surgery yet-don't even have a date-but I have felt very comfortable here from the beginning. I will be sad to see you go, and hope that you decide against it. If you do go, however; pop in once in awhile and let us know how you are!! Thanks for all your advice and support!! Cindy in Wenatchee
JustHat
on 1/9/05 4:15 pm - NM
"as there are many boards I pop in and out of," Oh sure, now your going to make me stalk you? I thought this was much too frustration for one Sunday morning. And, then I wondered why I would hang around to be flamed at any moment. Then I remembered all of the people that I have come to care about and would hate to lose touch with. So, someone doesn't like me. I can live with that. I am not going to let myself be run off by someone that doesn't even post on these boards very often. As for those "friends" that I frustrate, oh well. I suggest that they find another place to read about WLS. Because, like I said, you guys are stuck with me. And, I want to be stuck with YOU. Don't you dare leave all of these poeple just because of one or two. Hat
Cori T.
on 1/9/05 11:56 pm - Neah Bay, WA
awe shucks, please don't leave
Kimanne B
on 1/10/05 12:03 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Noooooooooo!!! Don't LEAVE!! Who cares what some person on the other side of a computer, that you don't know, thinks of you?? I have been gone the last few days and don't know what happened, but seriously, just consider the source. I love your stories and seeing your smiling face on this board Three lil' words sweetie, "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!" We can't please all the people all the time, its just not possible. You are valued here by most of us, so please, please don't go. I think we need you as much as you need us now (hugs) Just ignore the negativity, we love you here!!!!!! Please stay (begging..... *lol*) XoXo~ Kimanne
ncarter11
on 1/10/05 12:24 am - Edmonds, WA
Renee! Don't go. You are a wonderful part of our community and your positive contribution means a lot to us. You have friends and support here. Don't let yourself be robbed by anyone! Sunday's posts were an unusual occurance; they certainly to not represent the the typical discussions and level of caring support expressed here. Do not let one bad apple... or two... ruin the whole barrel for you. It's just not worth it. I know that you are in extra need of support while your man is gone. Shake this off and stick around. It's worth it. We are worth it. You are worth it. If we are complainers, at least we are complaining about ailments or trials. That's far more legit than complaining about complainers! HAHA! C'mon - stick with us! We're not so bad. Many hugs, Nan
lilchickad
on 1/10/05 12:37 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Renee, Do not let yourself be chased off by this kind of garbage. You are absolutely right, that the only time I have seen a post from either of them was to brag up until now, well in honesty, I had never seen a post by Derek before. I like to brag too, but I also like to ask legitimate questions when I have a problem. This board is a great source of support for us Washingtonians. Just shake it off, and as my daughter's soccer coach says....No Harm, No Foul, Play On!!! If you stop coming here, then they win!!! You have to stand up with the rest of us, and be strong, and continue doing what ya been doin Girlie!!!!! Take Care! Bunches of hugs to you! Laura
Justme J.
on 1/10/05 1:49 am - Lynnwood, WA
Hello, it would be a real shame if you left. I read everything you post because I find you interesting and helpful. I have not had the WLS yet and I spend a lot of time educating myself. When it is a message board like this you will get all kind of personalities, and so goes life. Respectfully, Janet Carol Jones 54 and loving life
Chrissy P.
on 1/10/05 3:25 am - Federal Way, WA
PLease don't leave. Since before my surgery you have been an inspiration and a help to me. Your posts have cheered me up and have made me learn so much about this experience. I have really appreciated you. Plus, I also read of your struggles, keep you in my prayers, and I post a comment to you whenever I feel that I can be helpful. It would be a true loss if you left. -Chris
Tammy _.
on 1/10/05 12:21 pm - Puyallup, WA
I second your observations, but I disagree about your reaction. We have every right to voice frustrations and complaints freely. Fortunately, no one here ONLY complains. We all share the good along with the bad. That is what support is all about. I say we shake it off, and ignore the naysayers. I love your humor and would really feel cheated if I knew that you were on another board somewhere making others laugh. We would miss out on so much! Please stay, Tammy
Most Active