Ok yucky, but gotta ask someone!

redtweter
on 1/8/05 2:32 pm - Four Oaks, NC
Okay I know this is a little yucky but I gotta ask someone. I ate dinner tonight at 6pm: 1/2 very well chewed and eating hot dog, and 1/4 cup cottage cheese. At about 8i****ook my evening vitamins and figured I would try the magniusim I have not wanted to try due to size. At about 10pm I started dry heving. I know yuck, right. Nothing but saliva and I still feel horrible. Super full and like something is stuck or not right in my tummy. Does anyone have advise, besides don't take that darn pill again. I feel like I am dying over here. Loretta
lilchickad
on 1/8/05 2:38 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Loretta, I'm sorry you feel so yucky!!! Unfortunately, my only advice is to go to bed and wait it out. I have had that feeling before, and generally it was when I was over full. Maybe something did not set right. I only dry heave, and cannot throw up. I just foam and spit and heave. Its disgusting. I would not drink or eat anything for a while. The next thing I took in would be just tiny sips of water and see how they went down. Just a little advice, I generally try to wait 3 hours after I have eaten before taking vitamins, protein, or trying to eat again. I will, of course, sip water in that three hours, but I hate the feeling you are describing, and it tends to stay away if I'm very diligent about not putting too much stuff in my tummy at a time! I hope you feel better soon! Laura
Chrissy P.
on 1/9/05 7:11 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi, I, too, have had this problem a few times (although not many, thank goodness). I agree with Laura; it tends to happen with me when I put too much into my stomach. And sometimes, it seems like "too much" is different from meal to meal. Sometimes we just won't figure out what is wrong with a particular meal since the next time we eat it, it is often OK. Maybe your body dislikes hotdogs at this time. Maybe next week will be different. As for the magnesium, maybe you should take it right before you eat your meal instead of after. I hadn't heard about taking magnesium. May I ask the dumb question of what that is for? Sorry, I am just uninformed about that one. Perhaps I should be taking it, too. Thanks! Hang in there. I have upchucked only 3 times since surgery, and each time it was because I ate a little too much too fast. I generally stick to only 1/2 cup of food per meal (6 times per day). Once I threw up from a hamburger, and twice from chicken. But on other days, chicken treats me fine. I am just really careful with it. It could be something else tomorrow! Hope you are feeling better and that you don't experience this again. -Chris 281/223.5/150
Juliaaaa
on 1/9/05 8:55 am - puyallup, WA
HI, Just a quick answer to your magnesium question. Magnesium is like potassium and sodium.. they are electrolytes. These are things that help your heart to beat in a regular rhythm. Like pistons in a car help the engine run effectively. That is why its important to remain hydrated and not have your electrolytes become inbalanced. Hope this helps! Julia
Most Active