An Update

Debadoh
on 1/7/05 12:27 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi all! Just wanted to check in and say thanks one more time for all the support and thoughts from everyone over this last week and a half. My sister's service was yesterday. It was really difficult but I'm glad it's over and done. Getting completely plastered last night also helped....last time. Gearing up for surgery Tuesday. Hoping that the snow stays away from here! I'm starting liquids tomorrow AM. I was supposed to have started it on Tuesday but the stress of the funeral and all the running I was doing made that nearly impossible. So I'll get 3 good days between now and Tuesday. I should lose a couple of pounds. I'm fairly certain I've lost most of the 10 he wanted me to this last week anyway. I almost cancelled this surgery. I'm still having some little things bugging me. Mainly "Jesus, I gave up my sister and now I have to give up my pizza too?" It's crazy. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. If I post-pone it'll be March before they'll have room for me on the schedule again. Everything is already set and ready to go.
JustHat
on 1/7/05 12:59 pm - NM
I am glad you decided to go ahead with it. You said your sister was your biggest supporter. I think she would have wanted to you go ahead. But, I also understand how hard these last couple of weeks were for you. Pamper yourself this weekend and I will have lots of good thoughts for you. Hat
karen C.
on 1/7/05 8:47 pm - Kennewick, WA
Deborah, Wishing you the best. Knowing that your sister was so supportive of this, I'm sure that she would want you to go ahead with it. You may be giving up "Pizza" but it will be so worth it. You'll have so many new things besides Pizza to try out. And I'm not talking about food. All of things that your excess weight has kept you from being able to do. Keep a positive attitude. Go in expecting a smooth surgery and a complications free recovery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Karen
tinktee
on 1/8/05 12:17 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Deborah, (((HUGS to YOU))) I think everyone goes through the second thought process, so don't be too concerned about that. Ok? It sounds like you really want to go through with the WLS. As for the pizza, I think later on after the healing from the surgery, you'll be able to have pizza once in awhile. The only difference is instead of 5 peices like I use to eat... maybe it will be 1/2 of a piece. And who knows you might not even like pizza after the surgery. If you can imagine that? We are here for you and you don't have to go the wls alone. Tee
Tammy _.
on 1/8/05 12:51 am - Puyallup, WA
Deborah, wishing you the best on Tuesday! Thanks for keeping us posted, and please let us know how your surgery went when you get home. Tammy
Gerriann A.
on 1/8/05 2:13 am - Spokane, WA
Warm wishes for Tuesday! Jesus fills your life with other things after the surgery that you have no idea about until they happen. So Pizza look out the new Deb is on her way! -Gerriann 153+ pounds gone forever!
ebonynurse8654
on 1/8/05 11:43 am - Lakewood, WA
Deborah, You will be in my prayers on Tuesday. Deborah
imagrama
on 1/8/05 2:04 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
So glad to hear you are going ahead with your surgery, Deb. Your sister would be proud, I'm sure. You may be giving up some things but what you will get in return far outweighs that. Good luck! I'm so excited for you! Positive attitude. All will be well. Sue
redtweter
on 1/8/05 2:29 pm - Four Oaks, NC
Hey Deborah First of all, you will be in my prayers and thought, also, on Tuesday. Surgery will go great and you will be out and on the losing side before you know it. If you need any support I am here for ya. I am just learning with you and since we are so close that is cool too!!! I did the second thought thing just a little before surgery. It was when they were giving me anisteshia that I was looking for the way out. Before I knew it I was waking up in recovery and never did find the out door....lol. I sure am glad I didn't too. I am sure this last week was very difficult and only God can help you thru that. It is all going to be okay, everything is always in his hands. You just have to believe, trust and walk!!! Take care Loretta
Most Active