I have a gastro appointment

awidick
on 1/7/05 7:57 am - Spanaway, WA
Finally, maybe something can be done with me not being able to eat. I have a consultation on Wednesday next week with Dr. Dale Bohorfoush. Has anyone seen him before? Arlene
JustHat
on 1/7/05 1:07 pm - NM
That is great! I was just telling DH how upset I was about the way you have been treated. I don't know that doc. What hospital does he work out of? Make sure you get your Tricare stuff taken care of before your appointment. I just received my part of the bill from my third scoping. It is just under $2000. Tricare paid $500. I shouldn't have to pay anything. But, they billed me anyway. It happened with the first two scopes too. If I wouldn't have had my Tricare stuff taken care of, the cost of my scopes would have been up to $10,000 by now plus the doc's bills. Ouch. Good luck and don't forget to fill us in after your appointment. Hat
Rachael E.
on 1/8/05 2:58 am
I've been scoped 2x's and I have had to do a bunch of swallow studies.... (gag) I haven't had to call tricare (triwest) since right after my surgery...when I did talk to them they said if I got any bills to direguard them because my husband is active duty and that's 100%.....they don't always get what they ask for triwest or blueshield or whatever...they just bill them and the insurence pays whatever they think is suitable.....in Triwest land they have made agreements with the triwest providers to accept what they get and they can NOT bill the patient for even a penny. That's why it's hard to find providers for Tricare/Triwest patients. I have gotten all the statements saying how much they billed and how much triwest payed and it's not even close the the amount billed.....but never once have I gotten a bill. I didn't even get a bill for the CAT scan I had to have 2 days after my surgery....I thought for sure I would. ~Rachael -92 lbs.
JustHat
on 1/8/05 5:51 am - NM
"I've been scoped 2x's " You really are full of secrets. I thought you were on the wait and see program. I wish I knew why he decided you needed swallow studies and others don't. As for billing, Stevens loves to bill me. I just received the bill for my 3rd scope. The hospital bill was $2500. TriWest paid $500. The sent me the bill for the rest. I plan to do what my rep told me and ignore it. Then, if they send another or a past due notice, I will take all of my paperwork into the rep and let her deal with it. I am still getting bills and such in from my surgery. Mostly it is just the statements from TriWest, but there are bills in there. I have been waiting for everything to be settled so I can figure out the final cost. Anyway, anytime you would like to update us, we would like to hear it. Hat
JustHat
on 1/8/05 7:10 am - NM
I see now that I am repeating myself. Sorry.
awidick
on 1/8/05 4:49 am - Spanaway, WA
Hey Hat, I don't have your phone number anymore. Can you give it to me. I would like to talk to you about this Tricare/Triwest thing and what I have to do. Arlene
JustHat
on 1/8/05 5:43 am - NM
You need a referral from your PCP. Then TriWest needs to fast track your approval. I went to my TriWest office and sat there until I was sure it was going to be done. The rep was really great. I had already had one scope done and was worried that since I didn't have approval prior to the scope, then I would get stuck. But, it was considered an emergency when I got the first one. But, I did have to have prior approval before the one that was a week later. I'll email you my phone number. Hat
Most Active